Does anyone else have this problem?

Options
I have a question and i would love it if someone answered.
I go for runs pretty much every day for 30-45 minutes. I noticed that sometimes when i run my biceps hurt. My friends think that its because I put my hands in fists when I run, but i wanted some other people opinion.

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    It does sound like you are tensing up, either your hands or your arms.
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You could be tensing up or you may be moving your arms a lot more then you should. I have horrible running for which is why my arms hurt when I run.
  • Tshuggah42
    Options
    Try running with an open palm. But to be honest it might be a good to be sore. It shows you're working hard and getting resultd, even if they're unintentional.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    yup, I do! its from holding your arms bent up infront of you - I need to let mine down and shake them out sometimes!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    this happens to me too. sometimes i even get a cramp in my traps. its from tensing up. keep your hands and fingers relaxed, like you are holding a potato chip between your finger and thumb.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    My coaches always told me to pretend there are ropes on both sides of you and you need to use your arms to reach for and grab the ropes, opening and closing your palm. So, keep your arms straight - not side to side in front of you and keep your arms and hands loose.
  • thoroneil
    thoroneil Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have a question and i would love it if someone answered.
    I go for runs pretty much every day for 30-45 minutes. I noticed that sometimes when i run my biceps hurt. My friends think that its because I put my hands in fists when I run, but i wanted some other people opinion.

No.. OneLol Do you swing ur arms when u jog.. xD when u swing u work that muscle iv with a little bit of movement ur working that muscle.. and Second 30 45 mins u should be feeling swore around there.. Nothing Wrong with that.. And Third i Wish i could that xD.. Longest iv run is 10min
  • thoroneil
    thoroneil Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When You jog try not too swing ur arms when u jog.. You Will have lose of better balance doing it but it should solve the problem..

And if it does hurt when you do it.. It time for a visit too your local docter
  • anne018
    anne018 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    this happens to me too. sometimes i even get a cramp in my traps. its from tensing up. keep your hands and fingers relaxed, like you are holding a potato chip between your finger and thumb.

haha!!! that's a great advice :P