please share ideas for lunch

Options

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this combo this weekend.

1/2-1 cup of spaghetti squash, 2 tbsp pesto, 2 oz roasted red peppers, 5 black olives (sliced). YUM!
  • stephstar15
    Options
    I LOVE to have Lesley Stowe crackers with cambozola cheese....serious yumminess.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat left overs from dinner the night before for lunch. Or I will have a sandwich (today was pb&j) with an apple, carrots, or cauliflower. I also really like turkey brats, so I will often have one of those for lunch. Some days I want soup, and will have a can of progresso or get a cup of soup from Kwik Trip on my way to work. I really like those tuna kits too. :)
  • stephstar15
    Options
    Just discovered this combo this weekend.

1/2-1 cup of spaghetti squash, 2 tbsp pesto, 2 oz roasted red peppers, 5 black olives (sliced). YUM!

That does sound good:)
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I had 16oz of Grilled chicken that I grilled on the foreman grill at work and a cup of green beans.
  • mommyrana
    mommyrana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hummus (2oz 160 cals) with veggies. bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, radishes, etc. whatever I have on hand. with a whole wheat pita (150 cals) yummy!
  • nzgirl21
    nzgirl21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favourite lunch (especially at work) is 5 Rye Cruskits with either garlic or sundried tomato and capsicum hummus and avocado and tomato with a bit of cracked pepper on top. They are soooo yummy!!!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Healthy life has a 35 calorie slice and it is great. In white or wheat (I prefer the wheat)
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Today, I had some leftover rotisserie chicken with grilled veggies (asparagus and yellow peppers).
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just had 4 tablespoons of hummus, lots of raw veggies, 11 whole wheat crackers (only 70 calories!) and a wedge of The Laughing Cow Cheese. Lunch was only 295 calories!
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Today I had a salad with broccoli, bell peppers, cucumber, courgette, tomato, lettuce, mushrooms and two fried egg whites. I threw 15 raw cashews in the frying pan and dry roasted them myself until they were warm and threw them on top with a bit of feta cheese as well.

Yesterday I had a bowl of non fat greek yoghurt with fresh blueberries and raspberries as well as two krisprolls with low fat cream cheese - one with cucumber slices and one with no added sugar strawberry jam.

Another thing I really like is ryvita (hard multi grain ryebread) either with mashed avocado on top, slices of tomato, black pepper and shavings of feta cheese, or low fat cream cheese and then sliced avocado and black pepper. With that I usually fry some mushrooms, slices of bell pepper and courgette.

Turkey mince, with some tinned chopped tomato and taco/fajita spice mix (make sure it's one that's not loaded with sugar or season it yourself) in a whole wheat wrap with low fat cheddar or low fat mozzarella, avocado cubes, fresh nectarine and/or banana (the fruit is optional of course haha but TRUST ME it might sound weird with the mince but it is good!!!), lettuce, tomato, cucumber and some low fat soured cream.

Turkey mince meatballs are great as well. I usually make mine with bits of feta cheese and sun dried tomatoes inside. They're great in salads or with quinoa or quinoa pasta - in tomato sauce or without.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    tomorrow i'm having leftover couscous with chargrill veg and lamb meatballs! nom!
    today i had a 'skinny one' chicken green thai with rice
    quite often i have sandwiches or my fave of tuna nicose salad
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Buffalo chicken ceasar salad. I came up with it yesterday and it's pretty good.
  • Danielle_Star
    Options
    For lunch I normally eat what I had for dinner the night before. I hate frozen dinners and prefer to have a home cooked hot meal for lunch. I don't like eating the same thing either. This also encourages me to eat less for dinner to save for lunch.

For instance last night I had Mediterranean take out. So I saved half my food and was able to make 2 meals out of it (dinner & lunch)!!!
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Lunch is where I like to fit in my salad for the day. a healthy sandwhich with a small side salad really fills me up and then i have a Luna bar as a snack :)

wannagofast27, this is where I fit in my salad too. Side salad with diced red pepper, shredded cheese and crunchies for the topping with roasted red pepper dressing. Then I have a spicy black bean burger on sandwich thin with slice of swiss or pepper jack and mustard. This is a filling lunch to me - and then I have a snack later in the afternoon (today is grapes).
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I make my own soup in batches and then freeze. That way I can just grab a portion out of the freezer and I have variety for the week.

Low in calories, good for you and tasty.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My favorite go-to lunch is cooked quinoa, with a steamed egg on top. I just crack open an egg onto the quinoa when it's absorbed almost all the water, and then I sprinkle salt, pepper, basil, and some shredded reduced-fat cheese on top. It's a really filling, high-protein, high-iron meal, all under 300 calories!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My two fave lunch/dinner options when salad just aint gonna satisfy are:

BBQ chicken in spinach wrap
    1-spinach wrap (170 cals)
    4oz chicken breast baked or steamed with pepper, garlic salt and season salt (100 cals)
    1-2 tbsp bbq sauce-preference for amount (30-60 cals)
    I also add plenty lettuce, onions and tomatoes that adds less than 40 extra cals.
    Just cook the chicken to your preference, slice it up, lay it on the wrap, drizzle with the bbq sauce, add toppings and viola! Takes less than 20 min and can be stored for work lunches. Between 300-350cals and is really filling and yummy.

Thai Kitchen Hot and Sour Soup (canned)
    One can (100 cals)
    Add 4-8oz cooked chicken breast (100-200 cals)
    I add spinach, onions, zucchini, cabbage and any other veggie on hand that looks good (mushrooms, baby corn, etc would be good) less than (50 cals)
    Just add ingredients to soup and microwave or heat on stove
    This is between 250-350cals depending on the amount of meat you add. Really good for a cold day/night and satisfying.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I had 16oz of Grilled chicken that I grilled on the foreman grill at work and a cup of green beans.

This made me lol. Busting out the grill on your break. Wish I was your coworker.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Kirklands Precooked Grilled Chicken Tenders - 3ps = 110 Cals lightly sprinkle garlic salt.
    Raw Spinach
    Pico De Gallo

eat as salad or with a tortilla for a wrap!