your thoughta on green tea

Options
I've always used green tea whether its tea or pills to help shed a few lbs....how does everyone else feel about it??

Replies

• jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I drink it 3 times a day. I think it helps me. Definitely helps with hunger.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I just feel good when I drink it. I try to aim for 3 cups a day, sometimes it's only 1 sometimes it's more. Some days I do forget entirely. OOPS!

Plus it's a natural diuretic so I almost never feel bloated or heavy in the stomach, when I stay on top of drinking it of course.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it helps but I love to drink it. I cut out coffee since I don't really like it much without creamer or milk but don't mind drinking plain tea.

I drink it throughout the day along with water.

Where it helped the most was at night after dinner when I would usually drink a glass of wine. I drink a cup of green tea instead now and it satisfies me :)
  • brittanyla077
    brittanyla077 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeh I forgot to drink it the last two daysand I've been starving lol
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Which brand in particular, if it matters? And I LOVE the Green Tea w/ Mixed Berry flavor (Lipton or Nestea). I've also been drinking the Detox tea, Super Slimming Tea, and Dieters Green (they're all green teas). I drink 2-3 cups a day...
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I love Green Tea! I use my Keurig to brew myself Tazo Green Tea and normally pick up Diet Lipton from the store.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I only drink green tea (hot) when I'm studying. I drink at least two cups a day.
  • hewson44
    Options
    tastes absolutely aweful!
    haha tried to drink it because apparantly it speeds up your metabolism but couldnt stand the taste :noway:
  • Caper85
    Caper85 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love all Herbal Teas! Well, pretty much! My fave is Stash Green Tea with Chai! So, so yummy!
  • Aphreal
    Aphreal Posts: 103
    Options
    Ironically, Greentea gives me migraines although a lot of ppl drink it to help headaches.
  • Sherrymyers
    Sherrymyers Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add a teaspoon of honey.
  • skinnycow197
    Options
    i take these natural green tea capsules.. twice a day and its helping more than i thought it would. it just gives me a boost of energy and its helping with appetite (probably a little two well since im never hungry). but i've lost quite a bit while taking them so far.
  • squiggles409
    squiggles409 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Green tea has long been a love of those trying to drop weight for its metabolism boosting qualities, but BE CAREFUL! while tea is not as caffeinated as coffee, it's still there. Getting yourself attached to all that caffeine (3 cups/day) can wreak havoc on your system. you can actually become addicted to the stuff. Headaches, upset stomach, agitation, rapid heart rate, withdrawal etc. are all things you can experience when your body is demanding (or lacking) the caffeine it's used to. There are studies that suggest decaf green tea has many of the same benefits. Remember folks, too much of a good thing can be a not so good thing.
  • brittanyla077
    brittanyla077 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm already addicted to caffine...horribly...and I get any brand whatever's cheapest and use a tsp of sugar