Need Help! How do you best describe your "Activity Level"?

Options
Hello! Been on MFP for a month. Lost 2-3 pounds initially and haven't lost anything for a couple weeks though I'm really sticking to the exercise and eating healthy. I'm stuck at 142. To the ounce- for 3 weeks.:grumble:

Originally I set my goal settings at "lightly active." But to be honest, I have a job that's quite physical, but I only work there 4 days a week. Being that activity level is the difference of a few hundred calorie allowance, I don't know what to do. I'd really like to see some results. Should I be "Active" or "Lightly Active?" Can anyone help?

Replies

• eurestemari
    Options
    Well what you do at work does help but you have to kick it up and change up the routine. Your body adapts to what your doing, so you have to keep on changing up your routine. You might have to walk for 10 min longer or if you are walking for 30 mins you might have to walk 20 and then start jogging the other 10mins. Challenge your body and move up in levels.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    You could custom your goals and enter the mid way between the two calories and see how that goes.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    bump up your eating!

see if that helps. and if not, then you try something new. but i would really make sure you're eating enough.
  • Kellyann615
    Options
    Thanks guys. :happy: Isn't it so weird to think you're not eating ENOUGH on a diet? I read all the posts about eating your exercise cals (which I wasn't doing, even on the "lightly active" setting). Now I know that, I bumped it up a bit.
    I like the idea of going half way on Active and Lightly Active. Smart people are out there! Thank you! It's nice to have support in this crazy thing!