Protein Powder

Options
2»

Replies

• Danpellizzari
    Options
    Isopure. They taste great and mix well in water.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I bought the Market Pantry vanilla (its a Target brand)....tastes pretty good! I use it mostly for making oatmeal cookies instead of smoothies...but the smoothies are good too.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm super picky about the taste and texture of protein powders (some of them do not mix well and when you drink them? Well, it is like drinking a flavored cup of sand).

My favorites:

Muscle Milk

Dynamtize

Gaspari MyoFusion

Syntha 6 (not sure I spelled that right)

Optimum Nutrition
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Golld Standard Whey , 120 cal, 1.5g fat, 3g carb, 1g sugar, 24g protein , excellent product , i wont use anything else

Agreed. The double rich chocolate is great.
  • DaveMXF
    Options
    Meal Replacement, Shakeology.

Protein Powder, 2 scoops daily , Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Protein powder is not intended for a meal replacement. Protein powder and meal replacement shakes are two totally different things.

Personally I don't see any benefit to replacing meals with anything that isn't actually food, personally.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Golld Standard Whey , 120 cal, 1.5g fat, 3g carb, 1g sugar, 24g protein , excellent product , i wont use anything else

Where do you buy it? In the US or Canada? What is the price?
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    I have been doing Body By Vi by Visalus and it is just getting too expensive but I love having a shake for breakfast and its convenient.

If you use it and you love it - why not find 3 people to do it with you and then get yours free?
  • KAK68
    KAK68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am so new to all this- I always thought the protein shakes/drinks were for people who worked out. Can you use these drinks in place of a meal then and do they help curve your appetites? I have some Attain on order and was going to use it as a snack to get me through between lunch and dinner since we always eat late so usually have about 7 hrs between lunch and dinner and need something for a snack but now I am wondering if I should take for my breakfast?
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC total lean Lean shake meal replacement...chocolate flavor...the taste is phenomenal and I have tried sooooooooo many protein shakes and nothing compares to the taste of the meal replacement one. The sugar is 5g for 2 scoops. 180 calories and since I naturally eat high protein through other foods the protein content is 9g. It has 2g of fat 30g of carbs, 8g of dietary fiber Viutamin A Iron Vitamin E Thiamin Riboflavin Niacin Vitamin b6 Folic acid Vitamin b 12 Biotin Pantothenic Acid Phosphorus Magnesium Zinc Selenium Copper Manganese Chromium Molybdenum all have 20% daily value. Vitamin C 60%...calcium and Iodine both have 50%....it is very filling.

Sooooo delicious! I've had the Ready-to-Drink Chocolate which is 14oz and 170calories but with 25g protein but I second that chocolate is phenomenal. Have you had vanilla bean? It makes a pretty good smoothie when blended with frozen fruit :)
  • shutterbec
    Options
    I've been using Spirutein for many years. Maybe it's time to try something new?
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    I am so new to all this- I always thought the protein shakes/drinks were for people who worked out. Can you use these drinks in place of a meal then and do they help curve your appetites? I have some Attain on order and was going to use it as a snack to get me through between lunch and dinner since we always eat late so usually have about 7 hrs between lunch and dinner and need something for a snack but now I am wondering if I should take for my breakfast?

I think you have to do what works for you. I drink a shake every week day morning for breakfast. It's easy and convenient and tastes delicious!!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I don't do a lot of protein powders, but I did buy one for occasional use in shakes or whatever. I can't do dairy or grain, and the soy powders still use grains (rice), so what I use is hemp protein. No added sugars or flavours, just ground hempseed. If I want to add sugars or flavours, I can do that myself.
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second bag of Cytosport whey protein from costco. The dry stats are among the the best and the flavors are decent. Also, the bulk price makes them actually pretty affordable compared to online stores
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    my god there r so many but i love love love vanilla maximuscle promax diet its like custard flavour.

tempted to try Optimum Nutrition 100% Golld Standard Whey thou now. but prob not. lol.
  • ladylaine
    ladylaine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TO HAVE A PROTEIN SHAKE FOR SNACK AND BREAKFAST AND I USE JAY ROBB PINA COLA AND I ALSO USE PURE PROTEIN PLUS FROM SAM'S A BIG ONE AND I PAID ONLY 19.00 AND IT IS REAL GOOD
  • hhamada
    Options
    I use Jay Robb whey protein powder (chocolate or vanilla). I usually buy it from GNC since I get 20% off with my gold card.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    If the OP is saying body by Vi is too expensive, not sure why anyone would suggest Shakeology.

The Optimum Nutrition products are great value. It's good in the taste / cost department.

Get yourself some ON and a good multi- vitamin and you're going to be getting the same thing you're getting in Body by Vi or Shakeology at less of a cost.
  • shydal
    shydal Posts: 16
    Options
    I prefer to reduce animal products in my diet, and use two vegan products:

1. In my fresh fruit shakes, i use Manitoba Harvest Vanilla Hemp

2. as a meal replacer/quick boost of vitamins and micronutrients, i use Vega vanilla chai health optimizer-- which is formulated by vegan athlete Brendan Brazier. I do not mix this into my home-made smoothies because it is strong tasting and not exactly wonderful tasting. But it is packed with so much micronutrient power that i just add water and and have become accustomed to it- even developed a slight joy for it- and the health benefits and vitamin intake really can not be beat: I feel so energized since i've been using it. The vitamin intake really is amazing and it is all plant-based so it totally rules.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I use Nectar protein powders. My doctor recommended it to me. High protein, no sugar. Love it. Comes in lots of different options. I get it on the net as its cheaper.