Tired of Same old boring Dinner anyone

Options
I need some ideas for some healthy low calorie dinner recipes anyone?

Replies

• TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Any lean meat baked or grilled with two or more steamed veggies.. HmM I guess that's kind of boring lol.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
  • bmwillisbaw
    Options
    Thanks i go to that site and cajun dirty brown rice with shrimp pops up now thats anything but boring i tihnk i found my dinner lol
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My go to quick low calorie dinner is usually egg whites with some cheese and steamed veggies on the side. If I'm feeling really lazy I'll just microwave the egg whites instead on making an omelet on the stove
  • ncbrowneyes97
    ncbrowneyes97 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Absolutely the best!!! I have three children that have loved everything I have cooked from this website, not realizing it was healthy and contained vegetables they say they "don't like"! LOL
  • bmwillisbaw
    Options
    My go to quick low calorie dinner is usually egg whites with some cheese and steamed veggies on the side. If I'm feeling really lazy I'll just microwave the egg whites instead on making an omelet on the stove

I did not know you could microwave eggs, learn something new every day.
  • traceymccune
    Options
    I'm with abnerner....try skinnytaste.com. Everything I have made from that site has been amazing!
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    Kraft makes a new item in the refrigerated aisle. It's called "Fresh Take" and you dip your meat of choice (pork, chicken or fish) in their mixture (multiple flavors of cheese & breading), and bake it for 25-30 minutes. Excellent and Easy! My two favorite types of dinner! LOL!!

I have also been using skinnytaste.com as well. It is an excellent resource for yummy dinners for ALL ages. I've been impressing my husband by a new meal every night.

The CHICKEN ROLLATINI with ZUCCHINI & MOZZARELLA is excellent!! Also, tried the Shepard's pie, Chicken Pot Pie soup, Chicken-Noodle-Broccoli...and all were yummy, too!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thai kitchen hot and sour soup (canned) 100 cals
    Add 4oz cooked chicken breast 100 cals
    vegetables to your heart's content (onion, baby corn, zucchini, mushrooms, etc) less than 50 cals
    Heat in microwave or stovetop
    250cals of yummy!

Or

BBQ chicken spinach wrap
    1 spinach wrap 170 cals
    4oz cooked chicken breast 100 cals
    1-2 tbsp bbq sauce (preference) 30-60 cals
    Add veggies optional (lettuce, onions, tomatoes, etc) less than 40 cals
    Approx 350 cals and super filling (its really big)
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Second this. The website is awesome
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options

This is a great site!

You can add Miracle (shirataki) noodles/rice to your recipes if you like pasta without the carbs.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com

Baked Baslamic Tilapia
    Spaghetti Salad I

Low Sodium Vegetable Stirfry
  • bmwillisbaw
    Options
    vegetables to your heart's content (onion, baby corn, zucchini, mushrooms, etc) less than 50 cals
    250cals of yummy!

Or

BBQ chicken spinach wrap
    1 spinach wrap 170 cals

I've done the BBQ chicken wrap It's really good if you fill the wrap and then grill it, it lets all the flavors marry and just makes it that much better
  • bmwillisbaw
    Options

This is a great site!

You can add Miracle (shirataki) noodles/rice to your recipes if you like pasta without the carbs.

I'll def try those noddles. I love pastas but hate all the carbs that come with it.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You can also try this website which also has some great ideas for dinner (or any meal)-- http://400caloriesorless.com/
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    I love the recipes from Now Eat This cookbook -- comfort food favs made in non-fatting ways (under 350 cals) by one of the folks who works with the Biggest Loser show. In addition to lower calories, he also adds in nutrition, lowers sugar, uses more whole wheat & veges... He works magic with greek yogurt, cornstarch and his faux (oven) fried recipes get really crispy.

My husband and especially like (yes, we're both from the Southern US):
    - chicken and dumplings (269 calories) I bump up the serving size & nutritional value by adding more veges
    - creamed spinach (90 calories) - goes great with faux fried chicken
    - chicken-fried steak with sausage gravy (317 calories) (sometimes I'll use chicken instead of steak for an even leaner meal -- sometimes I'll also use this gravy over vege mash or whole wheat biscuits

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Eat-This-Americas-Favorite/dp/0345520904/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329774674&sr=1-1
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    250cals of yummy!

Or

BBQ chicken spinach wrap
    1 spinach wrap 170 cals

These sound great -- I'm going to have to try them!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    There is a recipe sharing group on MFP. Join us.
  • jillsusanne
    Options
    I love anything from eatingwell.com!! They also have a really great 500 calorie or less cookbook that gives you a main dish and several side dishes (of which you pick 2) that all total a less than 500 calorie meal. All their recipes are free on the website, however, so you could go there if you are looking for low calorie free ideas :) Their food is delicious and uses fresh, easy to find ingredients with lots of fruits/veggies.