Starting Training Program for Half Marathon Tomorrow...who's

Options
I've been consistently running or doing the elliptical for two months now and found a training program for beginners who would like to run a half marathon. The training program can be found here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/134.shtml

I'm just looking for some accountability and/or someone who'd like to go through the program with me! Message me/friend me if you're interested!

Replies

• Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not planning on doing a half marathon at the moment but having done one before my advice is - enjoy it! :happy:

When I did mine I'd let my training slide so decided that I wouldn't do it - then on the morning woke up and thought "sod it!". My inlaws were visiting at the time and they'd already planned their day so I left them and my husband at home and toddled off on my own thinking I'd just do a walk-for-2minutes-run-for-2minutes thing.

As it turned out, there was such a buzz of atmosphere I got caught up in the crowd and the scenery and just kept going - I only walked through the water stations and that was because the water was in cups and I couldn't run and drink at the same time. :laugh: I had some really nice chats with other people doing it, cheered others on, had others cheer me on and it was really good fun. I finished in 2:23:10, coming 1158th out of 1338 (the last person to cross the finish line did it in 3:35:49 nd the winner did it in 1:11:28 so time wise I was pretty much slap bang in the middle).

It really is a great buzz :happy: :happy:

(I am considering the Dublin Marathon at the end of October but haven't run more than 5 miles since my daughter was born 3 years ago so still ummming and ahhing over it)
  • kgarman
    kgarman Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Message sent.