newbie!! need to know if im doing it right!

Options
SO, im day 2 counting... used to do weight watchers.. but just never worked for me... Im curious if Im doing this right... so, basically all im supposed to do is track what I eat? making the healthy choices? and stay within my daily RTI? it would be a great help if anyone would mind letting me know if im following it the right way. thanks!! :wink:

Replies

• jna1957
    Options
    hey there.

I use this site to track calories and protein mainly and then calories burned from exercise. You can track other things depending on what you are trying to accomplish. For me inputting the data keeps me on my toes to watch what im actually doing on a daily basis. So far seems to work for me
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    So when you set up your account you put in your current activity level, weight goals, etc. The calorie target given is to meet that weight loss goal (1 pound a week, 2 pounds, whatever you put in) without increasing your current activity level. Any exercise you do is increasing your activity level, burning more calories. Log all the food you eat, being as accurate as possible about portion sizes, and log your exercise. Eat most of the calories your burn from exercise as well as the target calories and you will be able to loose weight in a healthy manner.

Basically, if your calorie target is 1400 and you burn 600 calories from exercise, you could eat 2000 calories and still be on the plan for slow, steady, healthy weight loss. If you eat 1800 or 1900 instead of 2000 in this example, you would be guaranteeing weight loss.

Some people track carbs or protein. I personally only track calories because that's the main driver in determining if you're gaining or loosing weight. If you have problems with blood sugar (diabetes or hypoglycemia) then carbs and sugars can be tracked. Sodium levels can be important, but for heart health but also a number of people retain water when consuming too much sodium.