please share ideas for lunch

Options
13»

Replies

• garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My favorite "healthy" lunches are almost always hot lunches. But it works great if you have access to a microwave. I usually shoot for a meat and a veggie, though this week my "veggie" is potato-based. It's still a complex carb, so I'm okay with it. But basically, I make the same sort of thing I'd make for dinner, and bring it for lunch instead. All last month, because the one recipe makes a ton, it was bean salad and spicy meatballs. This week, honey chipotle pork chops (very mild), twice baked potato bites, and sugar snap peas. Yum! If I have to bring something cold, I like to stick with sandwiches. PB&J or turkey or ham and Swiss on wheat, with a little mustard.
  • cpbunch
    Options
    Great idea to use the balsamic vinegar on your sandwich. Think I will be trying that!
  • Teazybabee
    Options
    I usually get a bunch of different pre-made meals from the store. That way I know exactly how many cals and how much of everthing else I am eating. Also, I can scan the UPC code right in. And for the guy who asked about the 40 cal bread, it's Natures Own whole wheat- Look at the cals on it though. Some types of the Natures Own is a little higher in cals. I get it at Kroger. Wal-Mart carry's natures own, but they don't seem to have that one.
  • Peggythefirst
    Options
    Homemade Butternut squash soup with ginger and cinnamon - lightly brown one butternut squash (cubed), 1inch of ginger sliced and 1 whole onion in a tsp of butter. Add half tsp of cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste. Add water till it just covers the squash and boil until soft. Blend until smooth.

Super yummy!
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Ive been having turkey burger with cajun spices, dijon mustard and salt and pepper with another citrus grill seasoning cooked in water with more seasonings after the burger is done i throw in 1 -1 1/2 cups cabbage in the same water to steam down then i have sliced apple on the side sooo yummy tastes like corned beef and cabbage kinda but with turkey instead and no oil at all other than whats in the lean turkey....