30 Day Shred + Circuit Training

Options
I am looking for some advice. I received the 30 Day Shred this past weekend and was very excited to start doing it. (Man that lady kicks your bum!) I'm not looking to do it everyday, as I belong to the gym and don't want to stop going. My question is if I am doing 30DS every other day, would it be harmful to my body to do Circuit Training (which I have been doing prior to getting the 30DS) on the days I don't do the 30 Day Shred? I would double up on the days that I do 30DS and then do just cardio on the off days, but then I would either have to get up at o'dark thirty to get it done or not come home until super o'dark thirty. I am planning to rest one day a week from everything as I did before.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I went ahead with the circuit training at the gym last night and plan to do 30DS tonight along with a high intensity cardio from a BL workout...hopefully this will all be GOOD for my body and I won't overwork my muscles! :smile:
  • asfischer
    asfischer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    to bad no one replied... i want to know the answer to thei question too :-)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am doing Ripped in 30, like 30 DD it is a shorter workout. I had planned to keep doing some of my other workouts on top of RI30 everyday. I found most days I was to tired to do more. Listen to your body. If you are to tired after the gym, dont push it to much. If you feel good, then go for it!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some advice. I received the 30 Day Shred this past weekend and was very excited to start doing it. (Man that lady kicks your bum!) I'm not looking to do it everyday, as I belong to the gym and don't want to stop going. My question is if I am doing 30DS every other day, would it be harmful to my body to do Circuit Training (which I have been doing prior to getting the 30DS) on the days I don't do the 30 Day Shred? I would double up on the days that I do 30DS and then do just cardio on the off days, but then I would either have to get up at o'dark thirty to get it done or not come home until super o'dark thirty. I am planning to rest one day a week from everything as I did before.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Can't believe no one responded to your original post.. wish I would have seen this sooner.

I would recommend that on the days you do 30DS, try to follow (if you can) with additional cardio. So for example, go out an jog or just do something that gets your heart rate up for an additional 30-45 minutes. Then you're done for the day and you don't have to worry about splitting it between day and night.

On your non-30DS days, when you go to the gym, I would focus on cardio (as you said) and abs. If you have time squeeze in maybe 15 minutes of circuits. I've done 30DS and I know she works out the muscles really good- so no need to do too much extra on your off days while at the gym.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    30DS is circuit training itself. You might eventually get burned out doing that much circuit training. You should eventually give yourself some rest time.
  • vivianahm
    vivianahm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love 30 DS, but I think it's a short toning workout, not the only workout you should do, so I would think it's OK to combine it with the gym. I do it on top of 1 hour on the stationary bike that I always do.