New from uk, want to lose 45lb and keep it off, fed up of yo

Options
Hi all :)

I'm Josie, I'm 29 and I'm from Wales in the uk. I'm looking to lose 45lb by healthy eating and exercise, just to make a change from the usual slimming world, weight watchers, slim fast, dukan, Atkins etc etc. I want to get to 10 stone 7 (I don't remember ever weighing that, but I feel that it would be about right for my height - 5ft 7). I have tried all the above diets and more, some more successful than others!! Got down to 11 stone 2 with slimming world a couple of times but put it all back on, I have a huge appetite and slimming world doesn't help with the portion control!! Please add me as a friend as I could use the motivation :)

I'm a married mum of 2 girls aged 10 and 7, and work as a community nurse. I'm going to try and build some exercise into my day, I already love walking with our greyhound but would like to do more, perhaps on the wii :)

X

Replies

• josiebees
    josiebees Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been a member of this site for a while but have now downloaded the iPhone app and want to make a serious go of it this time, just feel that I need to explain why my joining date is 2009 but ive posted in introductions!!
    :)
    X
  • bronagh20
    bronagh20 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi josie, ive just joined today too. Im Irish but living in London and am a mum of a 2 yr old. Im a student nurse and need to loose weight just to feel better in myself.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi from Belfast.

I started this journey Jan 2nd this year at 207lbs (14 stone 9), aiming to get to 149lbs (10 stone 9). I last weighed myself 13th Feb and I was 185lbs (13 stone 3).

I am 25, my hubby is 27 and we are TTC (nearly 4 years now) and I have gone back to school to complete my degree part time in Law.

I'm always up for new friends so please feel free to add me.
  • BooStewart
    Options
    Hi From Me Too!!
    You'll Be Great...You've Done It Before...There's Nothing Stopping You Now!
    Millions Of Good Luck

Keep Smiling
    :D
    x
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    hi there.im new ish too. joined properly about 7 weeks ago and down 16lbs.i find it fantastic and its free!! feel free to add me!!. the support everyone gives each other is fantastic!! im 37 irish,mum of boys aged 3 and little one is 8 mths. - vera
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    hi ladies

im 27, from nottingham.

similarly tried em all, never with much success, including cambridge diet.

only time i ever did well was with calorie counting and exercise, dont know why ive been after a quick fix.

recently had the all clear from a private endocrinologist, thyroid is perfect, everything in working order

time to get down to it, been here 25 days, lost 7.4 pounds and alot of cms, got about another 4 stone to go, then reassess.

im 5ft 9. married, no kids, busy stressful career... :)
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    best of luck by the way!!!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm in Wales too and have similar goals, feel free to friend me :)