Too many carbs?

Options
Some days, I stay under my calorie limit, but I go a little over my goal for carbs. Does anyone know if this matters?

Replies

• ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I do this alot too. I'm curious to read the responses.
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I dont think it really matters, but you might be getting hungrier than you need to? Especially if your carbs are coming from sugar or processed foods:yawn:

I never go over on carbs and always go over on my protien and dietry fiber, maybe you can substitute your lunch for something that has more protien and less carbs or something if you are worried.:wink:
  • jensocalgirl
    Options
    Yes it matters. Although if you're working out a ton the carbs can be a good thing. I recently decreased my carbs and increased my lean protein intake. It's great because I reduced a bunch of calories, take in less carbs and the protein makes you feel fuller longer. Plus the protein is great for your muscles.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I seem to go over on carbs to, but I read aslong as most of your carbs are complex and not simple carbs then its ok , because complex carbs are better for you and not the processed carbs from junk food
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals and your body. Some people are insulin resistant and they have to keep carbs low or they don't lose weight. For me, carbs make me crave more carbs and then I make bad choices. So I limit them as much as I can considering I do endurance sports. :tongue:

I consider my protein level to be a minimum I shoot for and my carb and calorie level to be a maximum I don't go over if I can help it. I don't pay a lot of attention to the rest as those numbers tend to be fine without a lot of effort. It's the protein and the carbs I have to work at.