NEW PRODUCT: FULLBARS

Options
I wanted to pass along my newest and greatest discovery....Fullbars!

They were developed by a bariatric surgeon in Denver...they are made of puffed wheat and grains...you eat them 30 min before your 2 biggest meals of the day and they are designed to have you eat 500 calories LESS per meal!! I have lost 4 lbs in 2 days and by the research people are losing upwards of 9lbs a week!

You can get them at GNC for about 2.50 per bar

They are pretty tasty too!! They come in different flavors I have yet to dislike any of them......:bigsmile:

157021.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• startingnow2009
    Options
    I wanted to pass along my newest and greatest discovery....Fullbars!

They were developed by a bariatric surgeon in Denver...they are made of puffed wheat and grains...you eat them 30 min before your 2 biggest meals of the day and they are designed to have you eat 500 calories LESS per meal!! I have lost 4 lbs in 2 days and by the research people are losing upwards of 9lbs a week!

You can get them at GNC for about 2.50 per bar

They are pretty tasty too!! They come in different flavors I have yet to dislike any of them......:bigsmile:

157021.png
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't eat 500 calories in a meal as it is. Can they make me un-eat 200 calories? :wink: :laugh:

They actually look interesting. They look like they contain a lot of fiber and probably swell in liquid so you feel more full. At first glance, they don't look harmful or like too much of a quick fix, which I like.

For 2.50 less, you could just count calories, but I think we all have days where we feel like bottomless pits and want to eat everything in sight!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    All I know is a Fiber One bar makes me toot for 2 days........cant imagine what a FULL bar would do:laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    All I know is a Fiber One bar makes me toot for 2 days........cant imagine what a FULL bar would do:laugh:

Uh oh..."Hand me my brown pants..." :laugh:
  • startingnow2009
    Options
    I eat them when I go out to dinner with friends to ensure i DO NOT overdo it.....Or when I have a party I need to go to....situations like that....I agree for that price dont and for that matter CANT eat them everyday.....:smile:

they work by swelling up in the bottom of the stomach sort of creating a "natural pouch" similar to the pouch made with the surgery.....

157021.png
  • startingnow2009
    Options
    I havent had any bad side effects as of yet....FIber bars are SUPPOSED to do that hun :bigsmile:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options

ROFL.... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! The first time I got a box of those they were so good that I ate 3 the first day. Needless to say, I've never made that mistake again LOL. :blushing:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I havent had any bad side effects as of yet....FIber bars are SUPPOSED to do that hun :bigsmile:

Well, too much fiber can have the opposite effect of what's intended. :embarassed: It can swell up and cause constipation. That's really the only downside I could see with these bars. I'm sure someone out there will say, 'I'll just eat 2 Fullbars at once and I won't have to eat for 5 hours!" :laugh: The other thing is that the stomach is constantly contracting in three dimensions in response to even a little bit of food present, so with the Full bar in there, it's not going to just sit at the bottom of the stomach. It's going to get mixed up just like anything else. But if it still serves its purpose, that's what matters. What does it taste like? Sort of like the puffed rice cereal?
  • arewethereyet
    Options

ROFL.... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! The first time I got a box of those they were so good that I ate 3 the first day. Needless to say, I've never made that mistake again LOL. :blushing:

:laugh:

My DH didnt listen to me (:noway: ) and ate 5 in one sitting.............I say sitting for a special reason:bigsmile:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Tooters and Brown Pants Brigade. Thanks, I had a very hearty laugh, and think I burned quite a few calories in the process. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • startingnow2009
    Options
    Pretty much.....they have numerous flavors....cacao.....strawberry....lots.....sometimes depending on the flavor I forget what I am eating.....:bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

:laugh:

My DH didnt listen to me (:noway: ) and ate 5 in one sitting.............I say sitting for a special reason:bigsmile:

Bleeehhh :sick:

I can only eat 1/2 because of the IBS...anything more and I'm suffering and so is everyone else. :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I eat them when I go out to dinner with friends to ensure i DO NOT overdo it.....Or when I have a party I need to go to....situations like that....I agree for that price dont and for that matter CANT eat them everyday.....:smile:

they work by swelling up in the bottom of the stomach sort of creating a "natural pouch" similar to the pouch made with the surgery.....

157021.png

Now that is a good idea! I would not have thought of that-so I take back my snicker!

Sometimes you go out and the smell just drives you nuts (worked on the backside of the biz, it is on purpose, believe me! We used to just roast garlic for an hour before opening)

So this might be a good solution to my going out the eat with friends issue.

Thanks!!
  • startingnow2009
    Options
    :laugh: See I am not just a quick fix chick!!

I may be new to this site but I am surely not new to dieting LOL and I do look for the practical use for most things and ANYTHING that helps me stay on track without sacrificing my quest for healthy eating is ok in my book. :wink:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Now I am intrigued by the flavors! Which one do you think is the best? I might just have to split one with my bf.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I'm sure someone out there will say, 'I'll just eat 2 Fullbars at once and I won't have to eat for 5 hours!" :laugh:

is that wrong?:huh:

:tongue: :wink: :laugh: :laugh:

FC:heart:
  • startingnow2009
    Options
    Now I am intrigued by the flavors! Which one do you think is the best? I might just have to split one with my bf.

I prefer the cacao but ima chocoholic by nature
  • kcdore_2469
    Options
    HI all I just got a box of the full bars. Has anyone actually felt fuller and lost weight on these? Any input would be awesome. I love snacking and I have a problem with chocolate and chips. I have been struggling for 8 years with this extra 55 pounds and really need to prove to myself I can do it! Help!

Start 211
    current 209
    goal 145

Katrina
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Being full has never stopped me from eating, so I dunno how effective they'd be for me. :tongue:
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Tooters and Brown Pants Brigade. Thanks, I had a very hearty laugh, and think I burned quite a few calories in the process. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    AND
    You're looking fabulous StillKristi