What's your favourite CALORIE BURN workout Video's

Options
Would cardio workouts be the best for someone working out to burn calories and lose weight? I'm not to the point where I am worrying much about toning and strengthening - I'll get there but first I want to burn fat and lose weight.

I have some of the biggest loser dvd's and I LOVE my Wii for Zumba2. I'm looking for more suggestions on great workouts for the beginner/intermediate. Stuff to keep me moving 5-6 days a week.

thanks for your suggestions.
Leslie

Replies

• missflygirl80
    missflygirl80 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about Insanity? Its the most (best) :smile:
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    I wouldn't consider Insanity to be for a beginner!

Taebo is my personal favorite! I started doing it in college over 12 years ago. I do other workouts and currently take a lot of Zumba classes, but I always return to Taebo. :)
  • Lisa2374
    Lisa2374 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity but it is difficult especially for beginners. I suggest either JM 30day shred or JM Ripped in 30 days to begin with first. I love all of these DVDs. I've tried a lot of others but these are best imo :):) Good luck :)
  • haley_b_87
    Options
    I love turbo fire
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity but it is difficult especially for beginners. I suggest either JM 30day shred or JM Ripped in 30 days to begin with first. I love all of these DVDs. I've tried a lot of others but these are best imo :):) Good luck :)
    I have tried 30 day Shred and Ripped in 30 as well, and they are both excellent. They give you a good workout, but the way she structures the workout allows even me at 53 years old to get through the whole routine.
  • bmwillisbaw
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift is AMAZING i burn 100 calories every 15 minutes. and its so much fun
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you still want to do a Shaun T work out and burn tons of fat.....try HIP HOP ABS....
    Taebo, Zumba, and Jillian Michaels are also good once....then once you feel comfortable try insanity or p90x

Im currently in week 4 of Insanity
  • ezramedic
    Options
    I only *just* started doing videos at home. I am a gym person, for the most part - but someone linked me to this video and I *love* it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtYgmDEddug

It's a 30 minute work out and it WORKS you. You don't need weights, or anything - just your body!

And this is another one someone sent - it's by the same people - it's a 12 minute workout, but they use light hand weights in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9AiD9mzT_Y&feature=related

Good luck on this journey!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Combine them is the best way.

Do circuits on weights so you replace fat with muscle and you can lose inches as well as pounds.

The main reason that I say this is because of the real secret to weight loss. Ive lost a hundred pounds, I know what Im talking about lol

the more ST you do... the more calories you burn when you are just sitting arounf existing. If you never do ST you probably burn about 1000-2000 calories a day just sitting there breathing (your BMR), the more ST you do (in circuits especially so your heart rate gets up and it counts as cardio as well)- the higher that number climbs.

Imagine if your BMR got up to 1800-2400 cals a day... just to sit there- add workouts on top of it and you're going to find the most efficient way to lose weight.

the trick is combining them.

Bring weights on your walks, do all your floor exercises in a sequence, do weight machines at the gym in a circuit, etc

And then, when youre on your period- do pure cardio- your metabolism is already spiked and your workout will count for almost double calories and it will get rid of your cramps and elevate your mood.

swear ta gawd.

one of the best for this is RAEL Pilates System 17
  • sandiburn
    Options
    I love my Leslie Sansone video. You can find her on fitness tv to try it out. most cable companies they are free. Thats how I found her. It is a walking/aerobic video. You really get a total body workout. she is great. It is called Walk at Home.
  • missflygirl80
    missflygirl80 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider Insanity to be for a beginner!

Taebo is my personal favorite! I started doing it in college over 12 years ago. I do other workouts and currently take a lot of Zumba classes, but I always return to Taebo. :)

I was a beginner doing insanity and even though it was hard at first by day 4 or 5 I was fine. So it's definitely something that can be accomplished if you are in the zone so to speak. As a matter of fact the first time I went through the cycle I did it with a group of about 5 other women and we were all relatively out of shape. But Taebo is good too and I also love Zumba ! Best of luck to you. I know it's hard to find a good cardio video that is fun and "doable" :)