Former Personal Trainer Needing Friends Looking To Lose!!!

Hi All,

I'm a new mom of a beautiful 4-month-old girl and desperately need to get back in shape. I'm still figuring out how this whole forum works, but I would love to find some friends to help keep me on track (and vice versa).

I'm a 28-year-old living in Minneapolis and struggling to get back to my former self. I used to be a personal trainer at Lifetime Fitness and an avid marathon runner. I'm so far from that right now, but want nothing more than to get back to my best self and set a healthy example for my baby girl.

I have a long way to go (goal of 60 pound loss) and would love to connect with people really looking to keep in check with this program. I have a lot of great advice to offer (given my background in sports science) but no matter how much fitness knowledge you have, it's still a matter of encouragement, motivation, discipline and support from friends and family.

Look forward to meeting my fellow fitness pals!

Replies

• bronagh20
    bronagh20 Posts: 30 Member
    Hi add me as a friend if you like. im new to this too. I also have a sporting back ground but since having my baby TWO years ago I just havent had the motivation to loose the weight I gained in pregnancy. Im determined now though!
  • newday332
    newday332 Posts: 54 Member
    Feel free to add me! My goal is 40 lbs.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Feel free to add me... I love the fitness side of things, but really need external motivation to keep my eating in check. I'm a physical therapist and athletic trainer, so I've got the knowledge, but like you said... knowledge alone doesn't cut it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! Jen
  • Kath444
    Kath444 Posts: 77 Member
    Same here I love the fitness side it is the food that I have a problem with.
    Feel free to add me as a friend
  • starspecks
    starspecks Posts: 49 Member
    Add me! I just recently went through what you are starting! I also was very into fitness and had my first son (now 22 months old) and lost the 62lbs leftover. I am now working on staying in shape and keeping healthy!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I just sent you a friend request. You can read my profile! Welcome!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • captnemo44
    captnemo44 Posts: 82 Member
    Feel free to add me i just started a couple weeks ago.
  • amykens
    amykens Posts: 14 Member
    Hello, you can add me too, but I have to warn you I am a beginner at the fitness portion of this process. That is why I would need great people like you to help me out. I have some serious health issues that make working out a tedious process, but I know that if I keep it up (even if it is slower than others) I will be stronger everyday.:smile:
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Heya, I sent ya a friend request, I'd love some legit advice from someone who actually knows this kind of stuff. I'm right now looking to lose about 120 lbs (more once I hit that)...I've gone down about 20 in a month or so. I use this site every day and have honestly found the motivation from others is the best thing it could give me. (Anyone else is welcome to add me as well!)
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Friend request sent!