belly fat

Options
What foods are specifically good at targeting belly fat? I know I need to eat fiber; I'm just curious about what you've found to be the best. Also, don't be surprised to get friend requests if you post.:wink:

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there is no foods that target belly fat or help lose belly fat. If there was, we would all have flat stomach or someone will be rich selling it. If you are talking about bloat, then there are foods to avoid. Otherwise, you just have to work on losing body fat.
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would add that there are not necessarily foods that you can eat to target belly fat, but you can definitely avoid those foods that contribute to it.

For instance, if you are a person who carries a lot of fat around the mid-section, then you likely have an insulin sensitivity, which means that you would benefit from eating foods that keep your blood sugar more stable, like lots of veggies, whole grains (oats), and avoiding starchy carbs. Eat lean protein and healthy fat with your meal.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    How do I target my belly fat issues? I am Insulin Resistant so I am on medication for that, but belly fat persists. Losing weight all over means I have lost some of it. But more than anything are my regular sessions with my trainer, working on core muscle strength and abdominal tone.

At the end of all that, when weight is lost and stable, a tummy tuck!!!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    What foods are specifically good at targeting belly fat?

A bowl of nothing.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    are deadlifts a food?
  • BooStewart
    Options
    I Guess It's About Being Balanced And Losing Body Fat As Well As Toning That Area With Core Work?!...I'm Hoping That If I Continue With An All Over Body Workout That Once I Get To Goal The Belly Fat Will Be Gone Anyway!!

:D
    x
  • groovyreba
    groovyreba Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    thanks to those who were genuinely trying to help out. Others - oh well. Unless you walk a mile in one's shoes, you would not/could not understand. Thanks again for the info.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    are deadlifts a food?

I ate the floor deadlifting just the other day. Mostly because the dog ran into me chasing the cat. But still...
  • APhakey86
    APhakey86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i suffer/suffered from the same issue, it is alot less than it used to be and I have done it by running, kinda got hooked onto it now.

Also I did legs, bums and tum class and that has toned my stomach up :-)