Pancakes

Options
2»

Replies

• Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I had pancakes with syrup this morning and only hit a little over 300 calories, the trick for me is just moderation. The mix only was 50 calories each, and then adding the milk and egg raised it a little but I think I did alright. Of course they were small pancakes so that kinda sucked but I still got to have some!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I will post this separately on the recipe blog as well for those not following this thread.

Made these 3 weeks ago and they are excellent.

Low Calorie Pancakes Recipe

Makes 17 servings low calorie pancakes: 26 calories per serving. With the calorie content so low you can add blueberries for a sweet treat, cheese and chives and salmon for a savoury treat or just have plain alongside whatever else you are having. I really like it with a shake of cocoa powder and a teaspoon of low cal fig and ginger jam. Enjoy!

Ingredients
    3/4 c. cake flour
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt
    3/4 c. skim milk (I actually use 2% milk so each pancake is more like 30 calories each. :bigsmile: )
    2 egg whites
    Directions
    1. Sprinkle dash of salt on egg whites and beat until stiff, but not dry.
    2. Add milk to flour and salt. Beat until smooth.
    3. Add baking powder and beat a few seconds more
    4. Fold in beaten egg whites.
    5. Pour into the pan and turn once. Should be golden brown.

Nutrition facts:
    Calories: 26
    Fat: 0.0g
    Cholesterol: 0mg
    Sodium: 149mg
    Carbohydrates: 5g
    Fibre: 0.1g
    Protein: 1.3g

How big are these pancakes?
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe for Banana Pancakes as entered in MFP:

1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
    6 oz 1 percent milk
    1 large egg
    2 small banana's
    2 tsp. baking powder
    6 tsp sugar

Makes 12 pancakes at 77 calories each. You could drop some of the calories by switching to egg beaters and using splenda for the sugar. These are very yummy.
  • 2Phat1
    2Phat1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Makes 17 servings low calorie pancakes: 26 calories per serving. With the calorie content so low you can add blueberries for a sweet treat, cheese and chives and salmon for a savoury treat or just have plain alongside whatever else you are having. I really like it with a shake of cocoa powder and a teaspoon of low cal fig and ginger jam. Enjoy!

How big are these pancakes?

In Australia we call them pike lets (like a mini pancake) they make about a 3 inch round each.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian Epicure has a recipe for cottage cheese pancakes - I substitute part skim ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese - they are light and high protein. You separate the eggs. Hardly any flour. Here in Seattle we have a great mix called Snoqualmie Falls Lodge that has Nutrarich Pancakes. We cook them with coconut oil. Yum.