9 months and counting

shanwow16
shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
So it's been 9 months (give or take) since I joined MFP, and I have lost complete motivation to log my food. I'm still eating pretty well, but it's much easier to cheat when you aren't writing everything down.
And when you aren't writing everything down, it's much easier to skip that extra work out because you had that extra treat (you follow where I'm going with this...lol)
I am still 13 lbs shy of where I want to be, I have been at a stand still since May.

Help motivate me!!! PLEASE! :ohwell:

Replies

• What has helped was to buy a book about someone you admire and hear about their triumphs and falls. As cliche as it wounds, it could work. I read the 41-year-old olympic swimmer, Dara Torres' autobiography and Idk why, but it motivated me a lot, esp to work out!
  • Think about what got you to where you are now. You've lost a bunch of lbs and those "last 10" are the hardest. You got to this successful point because you were writing everything down and paying attention to your daily intake & output (workouts). You've already seen what happens when you stop logging it all in.... you get lazy and it's easier to cheat. Don't go backwards... you'll have to lose the same pounds you just worked so hard to lose.
    OK - so you've had your week or two of laziness and cheating...now get back on track. You can do it!! I hope to get to the point where you are.... 75% to my goal. Good luck!!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    You have come soooo far. Don't quit now!! It is a viscious cycle, the overeating and the non exercise. You can beat this. Remember this is for life. Try to find things that motivate you. A new outfit in a smaller size, a special outing.

You can do it! Good Luck! :drinker:
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Thanks everyone for the words of support!
    Time to get my butt in gear, only 3 weeks until I hit the beach for vacay, doubt I'll be where I want to be, but hopefully a little closer! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.