Does anybody here use Sensa?

Options
Just wanted to see if anybody on here uses Sensa. I have been using it in conjunction with my 1500 cal. per day intake and exercise and it seems to work a little bit, but not as well as I'd hoped. Just wanted to know some thoughts. Thanks. :smile:

Replies

• kateparker1982
    Options
    I just bought some today and am going to use it with diet and exercise. Hope it helps! Even if it just helps prevent hitting a plateau or jump starting the one i am in I will be happy! Good luck, let me know if you have success.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing the ads for Sensa..but what is it really? What does it do?
  • chefgorman
    chefgorman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump. to see what other say:)
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    All I know is that it's made with " maltodextrin, tricalcium phosphate, silica, and flavors " ...it's supposed to trick your brain into thinking your not hungry, at a hefty price tag I might add.
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    i bought it from costco a few weeks ago and gave it a try....in one day i felt sick to my stomach and thought i was going to pass out. i don't know if its just my reaction to it, but i returned it right away. i had a horrible headache too, and the flavor crystals tasted really strange. i wasn't a fan, but that's just my opinion. good luck to you if you decide to try it !
  • MsMo4DE
    Options
    I tried it about 2 1/2 yrs ago. complete waste of money
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i don't think it works, even it it does, i'm not willing to try it. it's a chemical for your brain. It's the same concept, giving a pill to crazy people.

i stick with self control, and other natural motivational factors.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I heard it's really a laxative.

Just put epsom salt over your food. It will do the same thing.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It's a basic truth in life. If it's too good to be true, it probably is....just another company trying to make money off people who want to lose weight :( Those companies have no shame. I lump Body by VI and Mona Vie pyramid schemes on that lot too.
  • annatin1018
    Options
    I have done some more research since my last post. It is developed by a neurologist, Dr. Hirsch. He first made it for patients that have lost their sense of taste. The patients started reporting that it made them not want to eat as much. However, the taste crystals are to ENHANCE the flavor of food, thus making you feel satisfied with little food, and ultimately eating less means taking in less calories=weight loss. Well I don't know about everyone else, but I do not stop eating because I am full, if this was the case I might not weight 292. I still use it because I spent $50 for 2 months on it, but I am eating about 1500 cals a day and exercising, so I have lost about 3 lbs. in the past week. Not going to credit this all to Sensa, but I wonder if without it I would have injested more food??? Either way I'll use it until it's gone, but I do not foresee myself buying more. The taste crystals do not have a taste to me, but it does seem to make my food more flavorful....More thoughts, anyone??
  • MsMo4DE
    Options
    I have done some more research since my last post. It is developed by a neurologist, Dr. Hirsch. He first made it for patients that have lost their sense of taste. The patients started reporting that it made them not want to eat as much. However, the taste crystals are to ENHANCE the flavor of food, thus making you feel satisfied with little food, and ultimately eating less means taking in less calories=weight loss. Well I don't know about everyone else, but I do not stop eating because I am full, if this was the case I might not weight 292. I still use it because I spent $50 for 2 months on it, but I am eating about 1500 cals a day and exercising, so I have lost about 3 lbs. in the past week. Not going to credit this all to Sensa, but I wonder if without it I would have injested more food??? Either way I'll use it until it's gone, but I do not foresee myself buying more. The taste crystals do not have a taste to me, but it does seem to make my food more flavorful....More thoughts, anyone??

When I did it as I stated in the above thread, I was consistent for 3 months and it actually "ate or dissolved" my taste buds on my tongue and made my mouth burn. did nothing for my appetite control and my food tasted unnatural.

just stick to good old fashioned exercise and a balanced diet that works for you. everything in moderation, so you don't feel deprived. I have a "cheat day" every couple of weeks, but don't go over 1800-2000 calories a day when I do. It's my reward when I reach my fitness goals and staying in my calorie range the rest of the time. save your money on "weight loss" products.
  • annatin1018
    Options
    I agree :)