hello! college student wishing to lose weight

Options
Hey Everyone,

I have *officially* decided that I want to lose weight after hearing from the doctors that I gained too much weight this year (I gained like 10lbs this month alone). I am at 199lb and would be scared if I crossed over to the 200lb land. Hopefully, counting the calories will help me out (it seems to be working, even though I went over 100 calories yesterday..).

When I first came to college, I was chubby, but not as chubby as now (I weighed 160lbs when I first entered college). So, I wish I went back to that level, or at least close to it. At the same time, I want to bulk up, but losing weight is a number one priority.

Random note: just had a 6' Veggie Delight from Subway for the first time yesterday, and I loved it! It is going to be my favorite sandwich from now on.

Replies

• courtney131
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! College has helped me put on about 30 pounds in 3 years :( but this website has really helped me so far!
  • pandora20
    Options
    I was actually pretty good during my Freshman year of college. Its been this second year that has really caught up with me. My classes require way more work, therefore I dont have as much time to run around and goof off like I had been. I'm hoping that I can get back on track with this site! Good luck to you!!! :)
  • viscoustwixie
    Options
    Good luck to you! I'm also in the same boat. College just seems to make people gain weight because you lose a lot of your free time. If you need a friend friend me :)
  • shutupimthebard
    Options
    I'm definitely in the same boat! Add me, if you would! I'd love to have some more friends my age on here.
  • cel32402
    cel32402 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    While I'm not in college anymore, I unfortunately experienced the same thing now that I'm in grad school, putting on a lot of weight. Feel free to add me for support :)
  • superness
    superness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a student too. It's so easy to lose track of how much you're eating while you're studying/ multitasking. This website really helps!
  • kayleec2
    Options
    6 years of undergrad +graduate school = 45 lb heavier me. Start doing it now or you'll keep putting it off!