Hello I am new to the site

Options
Hello My name is Leslie,

I am excited about the site. Support is always good. I am worried about counting fat cals anyone have any suggestions? I weight 205 and I am 5'1 a 3/4 of an inch....LOL.....I am looking to losing 40lbs....

Replies

• pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    hi leslie-

i am your same height if you want to add me as a friend! :)

oh and i eat about 1500 a day, more if i do exercise.
  • burg1801
    burg1801 Posts: 124
    Options
    Welcome leslie,

I wish I could help you with the fal calories but I've never concerned myself with that. I've just made sure I burned off at least half of what I eat.

That's worked so far for me.
  • 143Isaac
    Options
    Hi Leslie - I'm Julie, and I am new the site too. I wouldn't too much about the fat calories. You can read food labels or figure out the math, but it seems the easiest thing is to eat high fiber (fruits, veggies) and protein - they fill you up. I am taller than you at 5'7" but want to lose another 60 pounds, I've lost 21 so far. Started at 235 and want to get to 155. MFP seems a great place to track our food and exercise. I'm just getting in to using the message center and blogs.
    Good luck to you. Eat well and drink lots of water.
  • repubgurl
    Options
    Welcome. If you like a friend feel free to add me. What really helps me in counting my calories is to decide in the morning and log it all then. That way I know what I am eating for the day and how many calories it will be. It allows me to make adjustments before I eat and can't do anything about it.
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi Leslie,welcome!Healthy fats are very important-almonds,cashews,avacado,olive oil,etc.Drink a lot of water,eat a healthy snack between every meal;popcorn,celery,nuts,fruit,carrots,granola.
  • happyme67
    Options
    Hi Leslie, welcome to MFP! It's a great site and you get lots of support. I need more friends and would love to have you as a friend. When you have questions you can search it because most subjects have been discussed at some point in the message blogs.
  • lesliescott1030
    Options
    Hello Pigwidge,

Thanks for the support...I am so excited about the site....trying to learn how things work and complete my profile.....
  • lesliescott1030
    Options
    Hello Burg that's a good tip. Thanks for sharing I will try to master that....
  • lesliescott1030
    Options
    Thanks Isaac ....I have a tendency to forget about the water.....
  • lesliescott1030
    Options
    Hey Repubgurl

Thats a great idea.... I think I will try that....I like the idea....thanks
  • lesliescott1030
    Options
    Wow RW4004 healthy fats....thats great.....I am getting alot of good information tonight.....thanks for the support
  • lesliescott1030
    Options
    Thanks Happyme....your right....I have gotten lots of great tips.....I am so excited about my weight loss journey....thanks for your support....