Thigh chaffing... Hate it.

Options
Okay.. I have been struggling with this problem for like.... ever... lol

I am a pear shaped person; smaller on the waist and up but huge and gigantic on my thighs and butt (fugly). I stopped wearing skirts long time ago because my thighs will rub together and cause pain and blisters. even wearing shorts look so awful. :sad:

and I've seen... (no offence to anyone) bigger girls here in my country that they wear skirts??!! how do they do it? i have no idea.. i couldn't actually go up to them and ask them. lol that'll get a slap on the face.

So any... advice? :frown:

PS. I hate my butt and thighs.

Replies

• jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    it happens to a lot of people! I wear bike shorts or spanx like shorts under skirts if i know i will be walking a lot. Tights work too
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I hate when that happens after a long workout, but they sell stuff for that at sporting stores,
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    my cousin had that problem. she used baby powder. :3
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    it happens to a lot of people! I wear bike shorts or spanx like shorts under skirts if i know i will be walking a lot. Tights work too

I have been thinking about wearing spanx... but... in Singapore... it's hot as hell here.. lol...
  • queenpushycat
    Options
    my cousin had that problem. she used baby powder. :3

I am thinking about using baby powder though... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • burg1801
    burg1801 Posts: 124
    Options
    If you're working out, use baby oil. Apply it to the parts that chaff and you should be good. If you're looking to stay dry, baby powder is a cheapest and best bet.
  • whiplashy
    whiplashy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    There's an anti-chaffing gel called Lanacane. It's a miracle worker and certainly beats wearing extra clothes in hot weather. I lived in Dubai for a year and Lanacane became my best friend :)
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have this too!!!
    Bodyglide is amazing..little expensive but so worth it!!! Only thing I have found that is non greasy and doesn't wreck my clothes :)
  • xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I wear biker shorts some times, under my pants at work (I walk a TON at work) and also when I am using the treadmill
  • abillsgoggins
    Options
    Corn starch works well 2....In Panama people use 2 use it on babies cuz cheaper than baby powder!!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. One of my goals is to have a refund gap. If I have to wear a skirt or dress I put baby powder on to stop chafing.
  • happyme67
    Options
    Flour, works just as good. One boy in my class had chaffing under his arms while we were on camp and since we didn't have any powder we used flour. He said it worked and he wasn't in pain anymore.
  • MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    believe it or not a little bit of lubricant, like KY is good to keep you from chaffing. May sound silly, but it works.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I use baby powder for mine
  • smbyrd13
    smbyrd13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Body Glide! I use it for running in shorts and when I wear dresses/shorts in the summer. You can find it at pretty any sporting goods store or a running store.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    monistat anti-chafing gel

That stuff is awesome. I learned about it when I read a tutorial where a girl used it for eye shadow primer. I bought some, and tried it for the primer suggestion, and it works great for that, and it also completely relieves any chafing when I wear short-shorts for running =)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Rub some antiperspirant on your thighs.
  • queenpushycat
    Options
    There's an anti-chaffing gel called Lanacane. It's a miracle worker and certainly beats wearing extra clothes in hot weather. I lived in Dubai for a year and Lanacane became my best friend :)

Cool!! :) I'm gonna look for that ^-^
  • queenpushycat
    Options
    monistat anti-chafing gel

That stuff is awesome. I learned about it when I read a tutorial where a girl used it for eye shadow primer. I bought some, and tried it for the primer suggestion, and it works great for that, and it also completely relieves any chafing when I wear short-shorts for running =)

Oh yes! I heard about Monistat all the time! I just have to open my eyes bigger to see if they sell it here ~_~
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I wear thin silk bicycle shorts underneath skirts. The silk stays cool and dries quickly if you sweat. When I tried creams, gels, and powders they worked fine when it wasn't too hot but became sticky after sweating.