Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

hello! college student wishing to lose weight

Hey Everyone,

I have *officially* decided that I want to lose weight after hearing from the doctors that I gained too much weight this year (I gained like 10lbs this month alone). I am at 199lb and would be scared if I crossed over to the 200lb land. Hopefully, counting the calories will help me out (it seems to be working, even though I went over 100 calories yesterday..).

When I first came to college, I was chubby, but not as chubby as now (I weighed 160lbs when I first entered college). So, I wish I went back to that level, or at least close to it. At the same time, I want to bulk up, but losing weight is a number one priority.

Random note: just had a 6' Veggie Delight from Subway for the first time yesterday, and I loved it! It is going to be my favorite sandwich from now on.

Replies

• I'm in the same boat as you! College has helped me put on about 30 pounds in 3 years :( but this website has really helped me so far!
  • I was actually pretty good during my Freshman year of college. Its been this second year that has really caught up with me. My classes require way more work, therefore I dont have as much time to run around and goof off like I had been. I'm hoping that I can get back on track with this site! Good luck to you!!! :)
  • Good luck to you! I'm also in the same boat. College just seems to make people gain weight because you lose a lot of your free time. If you need a friend friend me :)
  • I'm definitely in the same boat! Add me, if you would! I'd love to have some more friends my age on here.
  • cel32402
    cel32402 Posts: 12 Member
    While I'm not in college anymore, I unfortunately experienced the same thing now that I'm in grad school, putting on a lot of weight. Feel free to add me for support :)
  • superness
    superness Posts: 6 Member
    I'm a student too. It's so easy to lose track of how much you're eating while you're studying/ multitasking. This website really helps!
  • 6 years of undergrad +graduate school = 45 lb heavier me. Start doing it now or you'll keep putting it off!