Battle of the Scale: HELPPPPP!

Options
Reputable Opinions needed:
I look great, I feel great, and I am determined to continue working on my fitness goals...its just that this darn scale has been harboring around the same num for the past few weeks. :embarassed:
So, I've changed a few things: try to consistently maintain 1200 cals, honored cheat days, alt workouts, cycled off Oxy, will be cycling on active vitamin pack (cla, carnitine, etc..)
My trainer wants me to hit the weights more and alternate carb days! (which I will...)

And, yes I am grateful for my continuous NSV victories to keep me motivated, as it shows in my profile pics....dropping inches like hot butter bread baby!!! :laugh: (corny line, but sooo true)

Do u have any suggestions for me to rid this plateau??? Helppppp...I am all ears!!!:huh: :huh: :huh:

Replies

• lukin128
    Options
    maybe you're swapping weight for muscle, if the inches are coming off then it IS working, but if you've upped your exercise then you're probably toning up while losing
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    If you have been doing weights check body fat % and/or measurements! Because I have started lifting (and lifting heavy) I am not weighing myself anymore. I'm going to focus on Pictures, measurements, and BF%!
  • NYPetite
    Options
    Don't go by the scale. Start measuring yourself, if you're losing inches you're losing way more than pounds. Good luck :)
  • thatlook
    thatlook Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    stay off the scales!! seems crazy but if your lookin good whats the point of worrying about the numbers, your clearly building muscle that weighs more than fat so your on the right track, keep up your daily/weekly routine and if you really must, do the scales in a month, you may get a nice surprise!! surely looking and feeling better is more important that what those evil little numbers say!! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I agree, forget that scale! It's the most useless tool in monitoring your success :)
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My scale is never reading the numbers I am looking for either so I’ve decided to work on measurements. Take your measurements and see what happens there! Although the numbers on the darn scale have not moved much in the last month for me, I wore my favorite jeans on Saturday and have not fit into them comfortably for a while so something is working even if the scale does not give me the motivation I seek.
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wowwwww! GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE....meaing you all have said the same thing...so I will take the advice as "golden advice!"

Thanks everyone for taking time out to give me ideas! xoxoxoxoxo:smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

I feel even better about doing what I am doing! I hope, no I am confident that the inches will continue to drop and I will view the scale as secondary measures!