what motivates you?

Options
What stops you from eating those high calorie treats? I need to find some motivation i have the determination but after a couple of weeks i start having to many cheat days:explode: i need to stay focused but not sure how :sad: help much appreciated :smile: x

Replies

• Kirsty
    Kirsty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What stops you from eating those high calorie treats? I need to find some motivation i have the determination but after a couple of weeks i start having to many cheat days:explode: i need to stay focused but not sure how :sad: help much appreciated :smile: x
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Put on a bathing suit. That usually does it for me!

Or just stay busy. And drink lots of water to keep you feeling full.

Tape up a pic of someone you'd like to look like.

My sore muscles are a motivator as well. When I've worked hard enough to be sore the next day, it is a constant reminder of the good thing that I did for my body and I really want to keep doing good things for it.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i just want to be healthy, so really that's my only motivation. i have cheat days too. but i try to not go super overboard. most days, if i'm over my cals, i dance before i go to bed to make up for them. i guess the question i ask myself before putting something in my mouth is 'is this good for me?'...

some other people on the boards have said that skinny pics of themselves or others on the fridge are good reminders of your goals too.

good luck finding your motivation, kirsty! :flowerforyou:
  • vickiann08
    Options
    I started watching that new show on the TLC Channel "I can make you thin" with Paul McKenna and there is a web page on it. He shows you ways to help with the cravings. It comes on Sunday nights, but I know they repeat it but sorry I don't know when the repeats are on. It has helped me. :smile: I am going a combination of weight watchers, exercise and watching the show and following his rules. Hope that helps. If you can watch the show from the beginning it will give you help on how to deal with cravings. Maybe the website will play the whole show. Have a great day:f lowerforyou:
  • Kirsty
    Options
    what a fab idea dancing before bed! I think i will also think of you guys,if you guys can do it i can do right?
    Right so i will now be dancing off my extra calories,luckily today i have still 387 cals left,and tea has already been eaten so a nice before 8 snack will go down well,don't want to go into starvation mode. Thanks guys you lot are defently motivators and i thank you muchly:blushing: xx
  • Kirsty
    Options
    bathing suit i hadn't read that i'm actually going to dust mine off hahaha,will check the web site sounds brilliant thank you :flowerforyou: x
  • jmlancour
    jmlancour Posts: 10
    Options
    thinking about how many more miles I have ran... its just not worth the candy bar... and after a while of not eating all the bad things the cravings for those things will stop to.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I think of how better my life is going to be by being as healthy as I can be! I'll be around longer God willing...I'll have more energy....and hopefully I'll be a hot momma too ...I hope! LOL...hey why not right!? I think of it all! whatever works! lol
    hugs and good luck!!!!
    Ali
  • Kirsty
    Options
    A yummy mummy my daughter would be proud of,was thinking last night i want my child to eat healthy and be fit which at 4 shes brilliant will eat every veg and fruit,if i become the healthy role model i want to be she'll get good habits right? totally motivated today cakes aren't worth the hassel and i adore healthy food,so got to get my butt into gear and stop stressing. Thanks guys :happy: xxxx
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I grab the fat on my stomach so it goes jiggle jiggle then I ask myself, "Do I really need to eat some candy?"

It works!