Changed scales.....

Options
I went out and brought some new scales as was finding it difficult to read the old ones. My new scales are weighing me at 6-7lbs heavier than the old ones :grumble:

Do I change all my weights on mfp to the new scale or adjust the weight from my new scales to agree with the old ones?:noway:

Replies

• PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    That happened to me. I went from a pretty cheap scale to one with really good reviews. But I was 3 pounds heavier :grumble:
    I just changed my beginning weight to 3 pounds more (since I was using the cheaper scale when I started) and I changed my current weight to 3 pounds more as well. If you change both your current weight and starting weight, you'll still have lost the same amout of weight so it's not that bad!
    I changed my weights on MFP because it helped me to track my weight and progress better.

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    What I like to do is set whatever scales I'm using with my doctor's scales. I don't know if you check in with your doctor or not. :smile:

If you've been using MFP for a while, then adjust your new scales to your old scale settings, if you're just getting started, I'd readjust my MFP settings.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I do weigh in at my doctors, but not for another 4 weeks. So I had better adjust my start and current weights :grumble:
    I'll then see what the doctors and my scales say and take it from there.