Thigh chaffing... Hate it.

Options
2»

Replies

• Daisusaikoro
    Options
    I am sorry you hate your thighs and buttocks. Some of the most attractive women, IMHO, are pear shaped. :o:\:D!
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Wow great topic and suggestions!Walking,swimming,yoga,pilates,etc there are lots of workouts for legs.I have heard there are summer spanx now.Learning to love yourself and focus on the positive is something I've had to do too.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    this happens to me in the summer too...so don't worry, you aren't the only one...

Get some bodyglide...it is what runners use when certain parts of their bodies start to chafe... Just rub it on the insides of your thighs and it will prevent the rash from happening. It is great!! :)

Also, you can try to wear undergarments like spanx (shorts) that will stay hidden under your skirt. :)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Instead of a slip, I wear a pantaloon slip...it's made out of similar material as a slip but has legs in it. It has saved my life when wearing dresses. It would be the same idea as wearing the spanx, although I've never worn those so not sure of what that would be like. It's a very light weight material so is not hot, to me. I use corn starch or baby powder but that stuff only works for a small amount of time. If it's hot and I'm sweating or doing a lot of moving, I need something in there to keep it from chafing.
  • goddessru
    goddessru Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Shorts underneath like everyone else suggested works well, but sometimes it's too hot to wear shorts so body glide works wonders. No need for re-application and lasts forever!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031Y4TRW/ref=oh_o06_s01_i00_details
  • onecrazyredhead
    onecrazyredhead Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use that when it's hot and my boobs sweat. It works great under there for chaffing.
  • ItsTiffanyFTW
    ItsTiffanyFTW Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I completely understand!! I only wear shorts that come to my knees or capris because my thighs are massive. If I wear a dress, I wear spanx underneath. I only own jean skirts and I only wear them if I know I'm not going to be doing much walking (i.e, sitting in a bar). Bathing suits - oh my geezus... let's not go there. Running, I wear spandex under running shorts. I hate the way the outter shorts bunch up in your crotch haha... but I just kinda get over it while running since that's where the spandex come into play.

And I have a stick of that stuff runners use for chaffing... it helps me, but doesn't completely eliminate the problem.