fat tuesday - who's indulging?

Options
anyone?

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    No, it is stupid to gorge yourself when most people don't even fast on Ash Wednesday anymore.

I will be eating the same way I have been eating. No reason to vear off my beaten path......
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am going to have 1 Paczki. I had to call around to find them last year but there is a bakery off 58th in Arvada that makes them. Oh so delicious.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I am going to have 1 Paczki. I had to call around to find them last year but there is a bakery off 58th in Arvada that makes them. Oh so delicious.

oh my gosh, this is up in my neighborhood. where at?
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Royal Bakery - 9606 Ralston Rd.

They have ones with rosehip flavored filling that are to.die.for. I have been looking forward to them since LAST Fat Tuesday, haha. Here is the Yelp page: http://www.yelp.com/biz/royal-bakery-arvada-2
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Royal Bakery - 9606 Ralston Rd.

They have ones with rosehip flavored filling that are to.die.for. I have been looking forward to them since LAST Fat Tuesday, haha. Here is the Yelp page: http://www.yelp.com/biz/royal-bakery-arvada-2

thanks kaiti!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm not, but not my religion.
  • kelleegrrrl
    kelleegrrrl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For me once I get started, it's hard for me to stop. So I guess I won't!
  • daisydieter
    Options
    I'm giving up liquor for Lent so will have one "girly martini drink" tomorrow night... the red beans and rice is my recipe (and I'm going vegan as the hostess is vegetarian)... a very small serving of Jambalya my vegetarian friend is making (very curious is to what she's putting in it)... and will probably have a couple of bites of a friend's king cake and another's beignets.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    It is Pancake Day here. This evening I will stand and cook pancakes for my husband and kids and when they have had enough there may be enough mixture left for me...or maybe not! I have very fond memories of my mum doing the same year after year when I was a child. And the only true way to eat them is the traditional way ....... sugar and lemon juice....anything else just isn't right!!!
  • floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I will be making "crepes", that being a french favorite, I did invent a much healthier version made only with oat bran, oat fiber, egg whites and 2% hood milk. They are therefore gluten free as well (about 40 cal/crepe). They of course do not taste like the real thing but they are pretty darn good. I use them with either sweet or savory filling. Sugar or jam is the traditional filling, but your imagination is the only limit to what you can put in them.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Passing on this one. My own little NSV.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    "Not I," said the atheist.

Also, what's the point in gorging yourself? You'll just be all bloaty and stuff.
  • sjtreely
    Options

Also, what's the point in gorging yourself? You'll just be all bloaty and stuff.

Even though the name implies gorging, it's really not that way. Albeit some may take it to that extreme, most who partake in Fat Tuesday enjoy a one or two favorite treats before their sacrifice begins.
  • itsmaymee
    Options
    I had a paczki today. That's my one indulgence this week.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Even though the name implies gorging, it's really not that way. Albeit some may take it to that extreme, most who partake in Fat Tuesday enjoy a one or two favorite treats before their sacrifice begins.
    I guess I'm missing something then? What's the point again?
  • athensguy
    Options

I happen to be eating a bunch so far today, but it's just coincidence.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I will have one slice of King Cake.
  • sjtreely
    Options
    I guess I'm missing something then? What's the point again?

It's just one of those things you either get or do not get. No need to worry about what the point is if it the act doesn't support your faith.