Candy bar opinions

Options
utes09
utes09 Posts: 561 Member
I decided to give up candy bars for Lent. I tend to snack on m&m's, reese's, etc and I want to get that under control.

Now my question is would you consider Lindt (or any brand) dark chocolate squares as candy?? I always eat a certain amount (ie 2 squares) and don't "binge" on it because I only buy like 80% or higher...not exactly eat a ton at one time flavor.

What's everyone's thoughts??

Replies

• Rose_Oh
    Rose_Oh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do you buy it in the candy aisle at the store? Sorry, but I would definitely put it in the 'candy' category.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    It may not have all of the added sugar and junk, but I would still consider it candy. If you are going to give up a food for a reason that you hold dear then give it 100%.
  • chanson104
    Options
    Sorry, definitely candy. Even if it can be good for you, and you don't indulge too much. Have you tried Laurabars? They're a yummy alternative to candy bars.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    what about those chocolate covered protein bars? would you consider that candy?
  • merrylea
    merrylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Usually lent is about sacrifice.... don't look for cheats. Lindt is candy )
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Sorry, definitely candy. Even if it can be good for you, and you don't indulge too much. Have you tried Laurabars? They're a yummy alternative to candy bars.

I lovvvvvvvvve larabars!!!
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You know what I love that tastes like a candy bar but isn't? An Atkins "Chocolate Coconut Bar" It is so yummy and tastes like an Almond Joy candy bar!! Much better than a "real" candy bar!!

Maybe that's still cheating when it comes to lent? Not sure. That's a personal decision. Good luck!! :happy: