Should I lose more?

Options
So I've been "dieting" for 5 months, I've lost 30 pounds and I'm now at 5'6 120 pounds :happy: ! I'm concerned because it looks like I'm getting very skinny....but I still have a belly and I guess a wide midsection. I've heard that you have to lose weight to get a flat stomach regardless of how many muscle exercises you do, but I'm not sure losing more weight is healthy for me right now. What should i do?

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hey

WOW, that sounds skinny
    I lost about 27 pounds and am 5'7 and 130 and still have a bigger mid-section and tummy
    My friend is 5'7 and weighs aout 125 and has the same problem
    I would not loose more weight because I don't think you need to, nore do I think it will fix the 'problem"
    I would concentrate on doing some ab/core exc and maye some yoga and pilates geared towards abs
    If I find anything that helps, I'll let you know

Kim
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    for starts congradulations on losing the weight.

I guess the decision is up to you. We can just offer suggestions. To me it sounds like you're at a pretty good weight to lose alot of the negetive health aspects. I say go see someone who'll know if you can los anymore. Go see your doctor:heart: They'll know

PS: maybe some toning will help?
  • mhemmer
    mhemmer Posts: 3
    Options
    Fat content. Cut that, keep your carbs and protein up so you don't lose, and you should tone and define.
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You have to do some serious weight training....seriously.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I would say watch your sugar intake and also lots of ab/core training. I started watching my sugar and my midsection really flattened out. I hope this helps.
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    WOW I can't wait until the day I hit 125!(my goal)

I would do weight training. If you think your looking thin now I wouldn't lose anymore.:drinker:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Wow - you certainly sound small enough,,, but,

Hard to answer without pictures. If you have a tiny frame, 5'6 - 120 might still be a little flabby. If you're a little heavier built that you're quite trim.

Have you done an accurate body fat percentage?

Agree with FitPerf - we should all do some weights. That'll flatten anything... :wink: