MFP, your new social network?

Options
Well, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I think I'm actually hopping on the boards on MFP more than the OTHER big social network!! I won't say the name, but the initials are FB. Ha!! Anyone else on here a lot more than they ever thought they would be? :D

Replies

• Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I have facebook open in another tab...=((
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Same here, fb is the same thing every day "look what cute thing my kid did today", "I hate my job", or some annoying racist post from a second cousin I want to unfriend but won't cause we're related! This is much more interresting!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    It's mine.

I can't share my crazy, sexy stories on Facebook anymore, cause 95% of them involve people I have on there.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP way more than facebook. This is a part of my life that my real life friends don't know about, and I feel like I can relate to people here dealing with the same issues. It's a wonderful safe place :)
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Me too, I check in on facebook once a day now, MFP is the first thing I log into when I wake up and before I go to bed. I guess it's a good obsession, right? lol
  • Alegrya
    Alegrya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to check out the forums much here but I do keep up with the friends I have. I spend most of the day watching Twitter but not always participating. It largely depends on how busy I am and/or whether anything interesting is happening on the company IRC channels.
  • flvsusandy
    flvsusandy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I feel like I get sooo much support here and 95% of my friends I have on mfp are people I don't even know in real life!! The sad thing is 99% of the people on my facebook are people I know and I never get the same support! Crazy!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    This IS my twitter and FB alternative. I hardly ever go on FB anymore. Twitter is one-dimensional.

So much more support than twitter and not the crap you usually get from friends and relatives on FB, lol.

~katie
  • wlgreen379
    Options
    I'm not really sure of.the last time I was on fb.
  • LngHrDntCr13
    LngHrDntCr13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP WAY more than Facebook or Twitter. Its so cool to be able to interact with folks who are working on the same goals I'm working on. I love the motivation and the inspiration here :drinker:
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    If this is a social network.. then yes. It's the only one I subscribe to.. I never did the whole My_, FB, twit thing.. I wish I could say I was too cool for it... but I always felt like it was too cool for me. :smokin:
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    facebook for fat people,lol
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    MFP dominates my time over Facebook, Google+, and Twitter combined. The others still serve a useful purpose but I can go days without logging into them. I don't miss a day on MFP as it is directly tied to my health and fitness. That's the hook right there.
  • piercedanatomy
    piercedanatomy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I always have both sites up.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I NEVER use facebook. Cannot stand the idea of an unrelated assortment of acquaintances read random things about me which may not even have been posted about me... (I have maybe posted 5 times in the 3 or so years I've had a page). If I want people to know things about me, I'll email them.

However, I love my friends here! I think because it's anonymous.... even though I'm becoming very good friends with a few of my mfp friends....
  • AbrianW
    AbrianW Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i dont have fb anymore.. it got old and twitter.. i havent logged in for over a month! I would def say that Im on here more! Everyone trying to achieve the same overall goal over weight loss and better health! Im with it! :)
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    FB bores the crap outta me. MFP is never boring. Sometimes a little crazy, sometimes kinda kooky, but never, ever, boring.
  • LJA8608
    LJA8608 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is my only "social network" and I don't really use it except to support others and be supported on fitness goals, not really as a "social" site. I was on FB WAYYY too much and last year just decided to delete it :) I do love MFP though!
  • Alegrya
    Alegrya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Twitter is good for me to keep up with people who are my friends offline too, I tend to do a lot of switching during the day and don't have too many people on MFP. I try to keep my fitness, food and health talk for here lest it get a bit much for people otherwise.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about giving FB up for Lent....right now I am doing a 15 mile challenge on FB otherwise I would leave UGH