One last try!

steph54
steph54 Posts: 28
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Steph. I'm 55 and have a desk job. Since I started work I have gained +/- 100 lbs and would like to lose about 70 of it. My doc suggested this website.

Replies

• queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Welcome Steph,

You will find a lot of encouragement on this site and a wealth of information to get you going and keep you going. Hang in there and take it one day at a time and one pound at a time. Blessing to you and your progress.:smile:
  • 10SexyMC
    10SexyMC Posts: 8 Member
    Hello,
    My doctor also sent me to this website to help manage my weight loss. He has me on no salt no sugar diet drinking 2 liters of water or more a day and taken Fiber Choice Weight Management 2 in the morning 2 in the evening. Working out three times a week doing cardio workout. Treadmill cycling walking and more.First week loss 4 lbs and together now in 2 months 16 lbs. I eat only Fish Chicken Turkey and lots of Vegetables fresh fruit.

Good Luck You Can Do This
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Good Luck Steph. You can do this. I have a desk job too, when I take my breaks I walk around my building- 15 mins per break and I eat lunch 15 mins and the rest of my lunch I walk around the building. I manage to get 45 mins in every day at work, then I work out at home. Remember 1 pound at a time. Don't look at the big number.
  • roseygrrl
    roseygrrl Posts: 2
    Hi my name is Rose....I found this site while surfing the net and it is the best I have ever seen...I find it so helpful and easy to use...it find it encouraging when I can see everything calculated and broken down..absolutely brilliant. This is my second week and I am struggling with my exercise a bit..but I have already lost 2 pounds so the scale is going in the right direction. I need to lose about a hundred and I also have a desk job. Its amazing how bad my body feels after sitting for 2 hours....anyways I hope to start conversing with others on here..might even make some friends...lol...good luck to all of you.
    Rose
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    I started out about 6 months ago - wanting to lose 70 pounds. I've just added fruit/veggies to my diet and subtracted baked & starchy, logged my food, stuck to the calorie allowance here, and gotten a little exercise... and it works. I take one meal off a week (usually a dinner or lunch on Saturday), but otherwise just stick to my program.

I'm down 50, still losing 1-1/2 a week, doing super, feeling better and more energy than I've had in years. Last week I bought a pair of 34 waist jeans - at Christmastime my 40's were getting snug. I haven't worn 34 waist jeans since high school. :tongue: (One more thing - my BP is 120/65 and my resting pulse is 58 :glasses: ).

I'm not just bragging, I have a point here. This is what you've been looking for. This does work. This will teach you how to take better care of yourself and be leaner and trimmer and healthier. You are in control, and you can be any size you want to be. You can do this. Good luck - have fun.
  • roseygrrl
    roseygrrl Posts: 2
    great feedback casper...so encouraging to know there are others out there fighting the same battle of the bulge and winning...good for you!!!!!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Hi Steph54! Glad to see you here. My hint for you is to set very small goals, but don't try to see how fast you can meet them. A 5-7 pound loss a month is a good goal. (If only I practiced what I preach :laugh: ) And if anything gets too overwhelming, or if you have a question, or just need to vent, visit us here....often! The support on this board is simply wonderful. Welcome!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    You came to the right place! I am sure you will find the help you need here!!

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.