Pre-workout lethargy

Options
So I started using C4 agpain which contains 1,3 dimethylamine and while it helped my workouts a little bit..... I've been suffering from bad lethargy on the days following using it so I'm thinking of dropping it. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So you're using C4 + EC?
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    So I started using C4 agpain which contains 1,3 dimethylamine and while it helped my workouts a little bit..... I've been suffering from bad lethargy on the days following using it so I'm thinking of dropping it. Anyone else experience this?
    Your body adapts to 1,3 within a number of usages.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Nah I haven't been using ec much over the past week but I dont think stopping it is the cause of the lethargy because I still have energy to do long runs when im off it but since starting C4 I've been feeling really lazy... like I have to.force myself to run now and I sleep way more.
    So you're using C4 + EC?
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    How long were you on EC?
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    never experienced it days after. i used jack3d before and with that i found i crash very soon after taking it...i went back to n.o. xplode and found i dont have that bad a crash after. of course they changed the formula from the original. try taking a break from it. make sure you are eating enough carbs and fats. other than that, perhaps try changing your prework supp. make sure you are getting enough sleep of course, and dont take it and workout before bed.
  • gashinshotan
    Options
    About two months consistently and inconsistently over the past month... but I don't think that's the cause cuz I've run 9+ miles and had lots of energy on the non-ec days.... I took C4 three times this past week with the last dose yesterday. And realized today after a 12 hr sleep (I normally sleep 5-6 naturally and have a ton of energy) that this past week has been lazy... but then again I just started heavy lifting again while still.getting in long runs so that may be a cause too (increased recovery time needed?)
    How long were you on EC?
  • gashinshotan
    Options
    C4 does that to me too.... but it seems the crash lasts the whole day and after...
    never experienced it days after. i used jack3d before and with that i found i crash very soon after taking it...i went back to n.o. xplode and found i dont have that bad a crash after. of course they changed the formula from the original. try taking a break from it. make sure you are eating enough carbs and fats. other than that, perhaps try changing your prework supp. make sure you are getting enough sleep of course, and dont take it and workout before bed.
  • figurekat
    figurekat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I prefer to stick with TS's astravaar and N.O. 370 combination. I get enough energy (even if I wasn't feeling it before) to get through my workout but there's no crash. And if I have to workout later at night it doesn't keep me up all night either. I've had trouble with C4 and jack3d keeping me up all night and screwing me for the following days in the past.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    You sure you're getting enough calories on workout days? Not getting enough nutrients can make you completely exhausted the day after (that's how it works for me at least), so if your intensity is increasing substantially with the C4, that may be throwing you off. Just a thought.
  • figurekat
    figurekat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You sure you're getting enough calories on workout days? Not getting enough nutrients can make you completely exhausted the day after (that's how it works for me at least), so if your intensity is increasing substantially with the C4, that may be throwing you off. Just a thought.

as a matter of fact, what are you eating before you go to the gym?
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    They took the 1,3 out of C4.
  • gashinshotan
    Options
    Hmm gotta look into those.... yeah I think my sleep has suffered...
    I prefer to stick with TS's astravaar and N.O. 370 combination. I get enough energy (even if I wasn't feeling it before) to get through my workout but there's no crash. And if I have to workout later at night it doesn't keep me up all night either. I've had trouble with C4 and jack3d keeping me up all night and screwing me for the following days in the past.
  • gashinshotan
    Options
    I get net 1600 and at least one cheat day a week.... I get most of my protein from meat and eat bread and fruits for carbs so I don't think that's it cuzmy running has been fine on this diet.... I run at least half my routes on steep hills that gets my HR to the 180-190 range and I haven't had a problem.... its just the overall lethargic feeling since I started C4.... the C4 I have is the older one before they took out 1,3 dimethylamine so I think its the culprit
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Took jack3d and it worked well... the issue is they chaged the contents and it sucked after. Heard they are banning it?

Took 1MR and that *kitten* was crazy. It gave me massive energy ( could not take it in the evening) But around my 3rd time taking it I started to crash half way into my work outs. I stopped taking it and now I just have a coffee before I go.
    I
    also took superdump, didnt notice anything..

Those were my pre workouts

They are always changing the contents in these things ... Now I dont take anything
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I tried many pre-workout products and am just sticking with BCAA's during my workout as I don't like the bloat etc. I have also taken one caffeine plus one green tea tablet before training and had awesome energy!
  • GymTanLawndry
    Options
    I’ve read and heard from a lot of different sources that C4 (and any preworkout with DMAA for that matter) is not an idea product to take before the gym because the Geranium stem, although a very effective and strong pyscho stimulant, is actually an even more powerful vasco-constrictor. What this means is it restricts the flow of blood to your muscles while you're on it. The whole point of a pre-workout (other than increasing your energy) is to increase blood flow to the area you are currently working out in order to increase the oxygen in those cells and allow you to push out more reps and avoid muscle fatigue etc. So using DMAA basically defeats the whole purpose of taking a pre-workout to begin with!! Yes you will feel an insane rush of energy but is it worth losing the pump and those extra reps??

That is why I recommend taking pre-workouts/nitric oxide boosters that provide you with clean energy ONLY in the forms of caffeine, b-vitamins, and l-arginine. Stay away from the ones with DMAA! A few of my favorites are Gamma Labs PTF (tastes like koolaid and has antioxidants), Superpump Max (packed with BCAA's) and N.O Xplode...you give these ones a look instead!
    Source: http://www.whatisthebestpreworkout.com
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    lol at arginine