Breakfast dodgers?

Options
Yeah blah blah blah breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I am just not hungry in the mornings. So I figure intead of forcing myself to eat breakfast when i am not hungry why not use those calories later in the day when I am more interested in eating.

Anyone else skip breakfast?

Replies

• kmwmgw
    Options
    I totally agree with you. If I do force myself to eat in the morning then I am hungry all day too. It just seems to work better for me with no breakfast.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If I'm not hungry in the morning, I will either have a small bowl (40g) of oats with hot water or 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs. I can't completely skip breakfast or my belly rumbles!! I think it's important for your blood sugar to at least get something in your belly.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have a shake. I don't have time to sit down and really enjoy a decent breakfast.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person but I force a little something down because it's hard to get something decent once I'm out at work. I agree though, I don't think it matters when you eat your calories so long as you eat them at some point.
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I tend not to have time for breakfast, and one of the dangers of my job is overeating early in the day... so I skip breakfast, and save my calories for late night when I get the urge to graze. I've been losing pretty steadily for the past two months, so I'm going to keep it up until I it stops working.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    look into intermittent fasting, it might be for you
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yeah blah blah blah breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I am just not hungry in the mornings. So I figure intead of forcing myself to eat breakfast when i am not hungry why not use those calories later in the day when I am more interested in eating.

Anyone else skip breakfast?
    I don't eat breakfast. You don't need breakfast at all. I fast for 16 hours and eat for 8 hours. I haven't had any problems.
  • kirstand
    Options
    i hardly ever had breakfast for years as i never felt hungry or was nauseous in the mornings...but by morning tea time i'd be ready for something...it never affected my weight or energy levels!!
    now days i mostly have something for breakfast but it's usually a fruit muffin or banana or tomato on toast...depends on what time i wake up and had for dinner night before...or if i'm about to exercise.
    dont seem to notice much difference whether i miss breakfast or not...
  • missamz86
    Options
    I prefere breafast 1-2hours after im up, i have a coffee first thing then 'breakfast' between 10 - 11.... makes me gag if i eat too soon... on the other hand when i was pregnant i had to eat as soon as i got up!!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I wake up hungry and eat every day.... Right away!!

I never use to eat breaky tho...
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You should read about the author of that article.

I also suggest you read this:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You should read about the author of that article.

I also suggest you read this:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

Cheers pet, I will do!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast as a rule.
    Don't miss it either....I do eat . stop . eat and it's works well for me.
    I think it just used to be a habit when I was addicted to sugar and carbs in a box!
    I have a bbq brunch on weekends with my hubby . It's more of a social ritual than anything else.....we finish of our bacon & eggs etc then read the newspapers over a coffee...
    How exciting are we??
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    yea i skip breakfast now n again! i find, that when i eat breakfast im reallllly hungry by like 10am! and i will start to eat more than normal! sooo i like to skip breakfast on some days, and im still loosing weight!

just dont make a habbit of it as its not good for the metabolism, but a few times a weeek is ok.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    breakfast is simply not needed. End.
  • BazAbroad
    Options
    Know what u mean, I start work early so have no desire to eat at that time of the morning.
    Instead I opt for a protein shake (plus pasteurized egg whites) to provide my body with the protein it desires after a nights recovery and to bump start my metabolism, am working on the theory, eat 6 times a day small rather than 3 or 4 large meals.
    Also, no food after 6 pm, unless its a post exercise protein shake.
    Each to their own, if it works do it, if not change it,, or your insane.....
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have done the eat stop eat before but maybe I should try this lean gains.