Recommendations for running/gym shoes?

Options
I realize everyone is different & will have different needs when it comes to shoes BUT does anyone have recommendations as to a good shoe for running (90% is indoors on treadmill) and weight lifting that doesn't cost an arm & a leg? Thanks!

Replies

• iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm a Brookes fan myself.

I walk everywhere, so for me a good walking shoe was required. I got the cascadias 110.00 but worth every penny. They fit like a glove and felt broke in day one.

Little pricey, but I found that all the other shoes, Merrill, Nike, New Balance etc ALWAYS gave me blisters in matter of months. They just eventually failed. So it was worth the extra change in reliability and my back and feet thank me for it.
  • CuteBlondie
    Options
    Sketchers... nooo shapeuppss ;)
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    For running.... GET FITTED! I was miserable and injured for months after toughing out the wrong shoes.
    For lifting, any flat sneakers will do... Like converse... :-)
    I have had success buying the previous years model of running shoes. Yup, they change them every couple of years but typically the shoes remain very similar in build/function.
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I recently got these reebok RUNTONE shoes.. not to be confused with the EASY tone shoes that throw you off balance to "tone" your legs.. lol I got them because i get a lot of foot/ankle pain while running... and these are absolutely amazing, i bought two paits because of all the cushioning on them... highly reccomend them, very comfortable
  • figurekat
    figurekat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For running.... GET FITTED! I was miserable and injured for months after toughing out the wrong shoes.
    For lifting, any flat sneakers will do... Like converse... :-)
    I have had success buying the previous years model of running shoes. Yup, they change them every couple of years but typically the shoes remain very similar in build/function.
    This. you need to have your feet checked and your running form checked. Also be mindful wearing the same shoes for running and weight training. Running shoes lift your heel putting your bodyweight more on the balls of your feet. Training involving the legs (like squats, deadlifts, lunges etc) you need to be able to have your feet flat against the floor or you place too much emphasis on the quadricep. Unless you're open to working in your socks (which I have been known to do lol) invest in two pairs, one for running and one a flat soled model like converse chuck taylors.