Yummy Sweet Potatoes

Options
cobra1368
cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
I have already shared this recipe in other locations, but I thought I should put it in the right place!

2 or more sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
sea salt
fresh rosemary (2 or 3 sprigs, chopped)
cayenne pepper (to taste)
extra virgin olive oil (just enough to barely coat what you have, 1 or 2 tbsp)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put sweet potato cubes in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and mix to coat. Sprinkle chopped rosemary, sea salt, and cayenne over the potatoes and mix again to coat. Taste one raw to see if you need more of anything.

Spread out on a cookie sheet or flat baking sheet with sides and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Then turn the heat up to 400 and bake about 10 minutes more, or to desired crispness. (they'll burn if you leave them at 400 degrees for too long)

Not sure of the exact nutrition info for this one, but I know sweet potatoes are good for you, and you can calculate what a couple of tbsp of olive oil is.

It has to be better for you than sweet potato casserole!!

Replies

• cobra1368
    Options
    I have already shared this recipe in other locations, but I thought I should put it in the right place!

2 or more sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
    sea salt
    fresh rosemary (2 or 3 sprigs, chopped)
    cayenne pepper (to taste)
    extra virgin olive oil (just enough to barely coat what you have, 1 or 2 tbsp)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put sweet potato cubes in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and mix to coat. Sprinkle chopped rosemary, sea salt, and cayenne over the potatoes and mix again to coat. Taste one raw to see if you need more of anything.

Spread out on a cookie sheet or flat baking sheet with sides and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Then turn the heat up to 400 and bake about 10 minutes more, or to desired crispness. (they'll burn if you leave them at 400 degrees for too long)

Not sure of the exact nutrition info for this one, but I know sweet potatoes are good for you, and you can calculate what a couple of tbsp of olive oil is.

It has to be better for you than sweet potato casserole!!
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks!
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks!
  • KatieZ75
    KatieZ75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    MMMMM ..... I am ready to go out and buy some sweet potatoes! :)

Have to be healthier than getting sweet potatoe french fries! :) LOL
  • cobra1368
    Options
    I actually make these a lot. It is one of the only ways I can stand sweet potatoes. To me, potatoes shouldn't be sweet, which is why I can't stand those sugary casseroles!

I could literally eat all of these in one sitting. They are that good. :love: