Halfway to my goal (pics)

Options
In May 2009, I gained 50 lbs. in a VERY short amount of time, my muscles ached so badly that it felt like my fiance was grabbing me forcefully when he was gently rubbing my shoulders, and I had a hard time walking from my apartment to the parking lot without my legs killing me and my chest hurting. I was NOT the thin professional dancer that I used to be although I had not changed ANYTHING (still exercised, still ate healthy) about my lifestyle.

After a month of tests, I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome and insulin resistance. The undetected PCOS caused IR, which basically functioned as prediabetes and led to all of my pain. My doctor prescribed 500mg of Metformin for me and put me on a 1200-calorie low carb diet. I started at 186 pounds at this point--a far cry from the 135 I was before this happened.

I've finally lost half of the weight I gained and am starting to feel more like myself. I have another 28 lbs. to go, so I wanted to put a photo at 186 lbs (highest weight) and two at my current weight (163) side-by-side to celebrate just how far I have come.

o74myv.pngu0nit.jpg

Here's to losing another 28 ASAP.

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    great job, you look amazing . Keep it up :smile:
  • sarahh1992
    Options
    wow you look amazing :) such an inspiration :)
    good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • DietPep1978
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Way to go!

Did you find that metformin helped? Or was it the diet change that helped? Hard to tell? I'm currently in the process of getting an answer/diagnosis for PCOS. I always hate to say I find it hard to lose weight because I tend to think I'm not trying enough. I do find I see more movement on the scale when I am eating less carbs and add in weights. And I have to be SUPER good 100% of the time, no little slip ups or "treats" even if it fits in my day.

Anyway...you look fabulous! Cheers to the last bit of it coming off!
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    In May 2009, I gained 50 lbs. in a VERY short amount of time, my muscles ached so badly that it felt like my fiance was grabbing me forcefully when he was gently rubbing my shoulders, and I had a hard time walking from my apartment to the parking lot without my legs killing me and my chest hurting. I was NOT the thin professional dancer that I used to be although I had not changed ANYTHING (still exercised, still ate healthy) about my lifestyle.

After a month of tests, I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome and insulin resistance. The undetected PCOS caused IR, which basically functioned as prediabetes and led to all of my pain. My doctor prescribed 500mg of Metformin for me and put me on a 1200-calorie low carb diet. I started at 186 pounds at this point--a far cry from the 135 I was before this happened.

I've finally lost half of the weight I gained and am starting to feel more like myself. I have another 28 lbs. to go, so I wanted to put a photo at 186 lbs (highest weight) and two at my current weight (163) side-by-side to celebrate just how far I have come.

o74myv.pngu0nit.jpg

Here's to losing another 28 ASAP.

You look fantastic! I have PCOS and I know how painful it is... Not to mention embarrassing! Well, the symptoms I have are. Feel free to add me, you've inspired me!
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    U LOOK SIMPLY MARVELOUS ! ! ! FANTASTIC JOB ! ! ! :flowerforyou:
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    @1CALIJIBARO2; @michellebd198; @sarahh1992; @papstu: Thank you all for your kind words!! You all keep me going! :)

@DietPep1978: What I have found is that the Metformin lets me have those little slip-ups without gaining weight. I think of it like Metformin keeps me from gaining and gives me energy, but the exercise and low-carb lets me lose the weight. For example, over Christmas, I went to Nebraska to visit my fiance's family and there was literally nothing to eat up there but beef and potatoes and bread--I forgot to take my Metformin and, in 2 days, I had gained 3 lbs. I got back to Texas, got back on Metformin and started eating healthy and exercising again and lost the weight I put back on. One week later, we celebrated my mom's birthday and we literally had 2 days of pizza and fast food and I didn't gain a single pound.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    You look fabulous! Keep up the good work!
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congrats on your weight loss. It's good that you found out what was happening and got it treated.
  • PoeticDove
    PoeticDove Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!