Any weight watchers out there? :)

Options
Hi :smile:

I joined weight watchers last night and yes I know what you're thinking...
Why pay when you can you MFP and it's free...? Well in all honesty I struggle with trying to plan meals and stay within my calorie limit. Although I have weight to loose, previous diets have always failed so obviously I am still a novice at trying to get the right combination to successful weight loss.

Well this time I am determined. Maybe in time I will have the knowledge to be able to stick solely to MFP but for now I need that little push :smile:.

So if there are any weight watchers out there, I was wondering if you fancy being buddies. It would be nice to have a bit of support and someone to talk to x

Replies

• Shellza
    Shellza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi

I was on WW for 6 months and lost just over 2 stone in that time, I have now left though as I feel I have gained alot of knowledge from there and can continue on my own. Get the App for you phone as it is a must! It is so handy having it and I used it all the time. also there are a few Facebook groups on there so get yourself into one of those, then you have support on the go!

Add me if you want to.
    Shelly
  • Reneecarla
    Reneecarla Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hii,
    I have been non weight watchers now four 6 weeks and I have lost7lbs, my plan is to use both mfp you can add my if you like, it'll be nice to have the additional support.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I lost 43 lbs in 7 months on weight watchers. I am a lifetime member now. I came here to MFP because at the time, lifetime had to pay for etools, this site was free. Now I am just comfortable. But I was successful with WW, and I highly recommend it.
  • 4given4life
    4given4life Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just rejoined WW about 3 weeks ago. Not doing super, but we've had bday parties and Vday in between there and I am still struggling with resisting what I shouldn't be having. I mainly rejoined because I need that accountability to have to weigh in front of someone. I'm giving myself 2 mths and if I don't lose weight I will quit and start logging MFP again.
  • LMT90
    LMT90 Posts: 24
    Options
    I lost 43 lbs in 7 months on weight watchers. I am a lifetime member now. I came here to MFP because at the time, lifetime had to pay for etools, this site was free. Now I am just comfortable. But I was successful with WW, and I highly recommend it.

WOW congratulations. You must be so proud of yourself! :smile:
    How are you finding keeping the weight off may I ask? x
  • LMT90
    Options
    I just rejoined WW about 3 weeks ago. Not doing super, but we've had bday parties and Vday in between there and I am still struggling with resisting what I shouldn't be having. I mainly rejoined because I need that accountability to have to weigh in front of someone. I'm giving myself 2 mths and if I don't lose weight I will quit and start logging MFP again.

I know the feeling. I joined Thursday just gone and already in the next two weeks I have four meals to try and navigate around!
    So determined not to sabotage myself though.
    As someone once said you should make your diet a lifestyle and not your life.
    As long as you enjoyed it and got back on track then that's life hey :smile:.
    Haha yeah! I dread being given the you've put on a pound face haha!
    You'll loose weight in two months I am sure x
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options

WOW congratulations. You must be so proud of yourself! :smile:
    How are you finding keeping the weight off may I ask? x

I am keeping it off, because I follow the same diet, and exercise regime that I did when I was working hard to get the weight off. I have relaxed slightly over the past 3 years. I indulge from time to time, but for the most part, I track and eat a clean diet.
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I follow the older WW program of food exchnges, but I just log them here. The combination results in a well rounded diet low in fats lots of veggies and fruits better choices of protiens and more complex carbs.. basically a better diet. I've had sucess since the New Year.. Good Luck WW works and so does MFP
  • toni429
    toni429 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If your at your goal weight e tools is free you must go weigh in and they give you an access code it's good for 8 weeks at a time :)
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I joined WW 2 weeks ago Im really enjoying it. First week I lost 4 lbs needed that boost. This week did ok went out alot have my weigh in tomorrow. I am doing it online so I don't have to go into a center for weigh ins. I feel with having the tools will mfp and WW that I will have great succes.
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    good luck keep us posted!
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I did WW for about 2 years and lost 30lbs. on the Momentum plan. Now I'm back in grad school and poor, so I suspended my membership, but I can honestly say that WW changed my life completely and taught me so much. I know enough now to do it on my own, but I do occasionally miss the camaraderie of the meetings and having a great leader. That said, the WW zero points veggie soup will always be my go-to "get back on track" meal! I'm hoping to find a great support group on here though. Feel free to add me!
  • LMT90
    Options
    Wow some of you ladies have done so well :smile:. I certainly hope to walk in your footsteps.
    If anyone wants to add me and be ww buddies then feel free x
  • TanyaDelAngel
    TanyaDelAngel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I start tomorrow :D
  • pretty_blue_eyes85
    Options
    I LOVE Weight Watchers. I've lost 17lbs since Nov 2, 2011. I do the "At Work" Meetings and the leader is amazing.
    The 3 weeks I didn't track (because I got lazy and was in a lot of stress) I gained because I didn't use my app on the phone to track anything. Right as I started tracking, I lost the 3 lbs that I gained in three weeks - all in one week! It takes a lot of work, but it's totally worth it, and I'm proud to have joined. :)
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I did mfp for about a year (minus a short hiatus) and now I've just joined WW as of 2 weeks ago. Going to my 3rd meeting tonight, so far I love it! I no longer log on here, but I've found it incredibly useful to look up foods nutritional value via this site. I find I'm already enjoying the fact that I can eat salads and fruits without having to count every calorie in them, I eat more of them! I'm incredibly excited for what's to come! Good luck ladies! :smile:
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Down 1.4lbs last night for a total of 6 so far! I'd say 6lbs in 2 weeks is enough to keep me going =)