4 weeks, 16 lbs lost

Options
dvisser1
dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
This morning I weighed in at 265 lbs! My first goal is to get to 240, then maybe a little lower. I'm every bit of 6'2" with broad shoulders, so I accept being a bit bigger than average.

About 5 weeks ago I joined MFP, weighing 278. Didn't do anything for those first several days. 4 weeks ago I weighed myself at 281 and decided I would commit myself fully to loosing weight and have been on MFP everyday since then. I work out at the gym generally 3 days a week, take my dog on 2-4 mile walks everyday, and watch my diet. The food scale is becoming my friend as I get the whole portion control thing down. Clothes I couldn't wear last year at this time, that were very snug in the Fall after an initial weight loss, now are comfortable to sort of loose on me. I don't feel my gut in the way when I bend over to put on my shoes or stretch my hamstrings.

I've always been big, but am very athletic and always stayed active enough to be in decent shape while growing up. I was 235 lbs at 18 when I graduated high school. Now I'm 36 and my poor habits caught up to me over the past couple years. As of 2005 and 2006 I was 240 lbs and in the best condition of my life. Then I slowed down. Couple injuries, lots of work at the office and come early January 2011 I weighed 295. I know I gained a little after that, but never set foot on the scale. I call it 300-ish lbs. In March 2011 I was so sick of hating how I felt everyday, I started making changes by adopting a dog (80 lbs of black lab / pit bull, 1 yr old when I got him). I started walking my dog everyday as my primary exercise and by August 2011 I had dropped down to 275 lbs just from walking. Over the Fall and Winter I hovered right around 280, but still wasn't getting my nutrition right. Now I'm making some good progress and I feel good!

No current pictures right now. Maybe after I drop under 260.

Replies

• PoeticDove
    PoeticDove Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Stay strong and keep up the good work!
  • sarahcs424
    sarahcs424 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! I want to go get a dog now lol. 16 lbs In 4 weeks is awesome keep it up you'll hit your goal in no time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!