In South Africa...this time Im doing this!

Options
Hey everybody, I joined yesterday and are already so impressed with he site! To everyone who has lost weight already...wow, congratulations! I think only someone who struggles with their weight will know how hard it really is to win the battle.

My battle?? Such a looooooong way to go but Im willing and will chat to anyone in the same boat as I am. One day down for me...a lot of days to go...

Greetings out of a very hot South Africa!
Mariette

Replies

• scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was in south Africa a couple years ago doing research... loved it and I dream daily about going back :-)
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey Mariette ... I'm in the Durban area. Please feel free to add me, if you'd like!
  • Juleeroch
    Juleeroch Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I used to live in Durban - sigh !! Many years ago now (26) but I still miss the sunshine and the sea sigh sigh sigh. Always said if I won the lottery I would take my hubby and my daughter and her hubby out there for a holiday. My daughter was conceived there and I actually left at 7 months pregnant. I can almost feel the sun and hear the waves now.......:happy:

Feel free to add me if you want - this is a really good site - lots of inspiration and help always available.

Julie
  • dreambig81
    dreambig81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey Im from Cape Town :) but living in Europe
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey, i'm in sunny Johannesburg!!
    Been on MFP since the 6th Jan and absolutely loving it!!
    Hope to find some new South African friends :flowerforyou:
  • Debbieandricky
    Options
    I so enjoy the fitnesspal app, but, I find it very difficult when I want to add a small banana to the database and they want the nutritional information - also, they don't have things like All Gold tomato sauce and I battle to work out nutritional information there too....I ate 4 small biscuits the other day and just have to keep searching for something similar. The ideal program would be one that incorporates all south African foods and brands......

Another problem is when you want to see how many calories you need to lose....you have to go to the phone app and they charge for that.

Apart form that, a great idea all round!
  • MaudeBeige
    MaudeBeige Posts: 282
    Options
    User deactivated account. :-(
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am in Durban too! Thought I was the only South African here. This is such a great site, really inspiring. I have been slowly adding the SA foods that I eat, and usually put South Africa next to it.