PANCAKE DAY!

Options

Replies

• kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm not the biggest fan of pancakes but you just have to have atleast one. Its the rules of pancake day :P
    I also give up something for lent. This year probably Peanut butter cups! lol
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I will be having pancakes tonight with golden syrup and lemon juice! Yummy :)
  • Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love pancake day, we did it every year growing up and did it for my kids. They loved finding money in the pancakes. I like peanut butter and a little homemade maple syrup...mmmmm
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    It is a Christian tradition over here, not just Catholic.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    It's also Mardi Gras. I see a fabulous opportunity in this convergence.
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    Ah now you've got to be careful which pancakes you mean. For us Brits pancakes on Pancake day are made traditionally with flour, eggs, lard (now most people use butter) sugar and a pinch of salt - the batter is runny and the outcome is more like Crepes.

Pancakes that you eat with maple syrup and ice cream tend to be what we call Scotch Pancakes - the batter is thicker and so they are smaller, but raise further and are more like a cake.

I prefer the Scotch Pancakes - never understood the attraction to traditional full of fat, feel those arteries getting harder pancakes with Jiff Lemon squirted all over them ;) But enjoy yours if you're having some. Haven't seen a jiff lemon ad on the tv this year either!!
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I am looking forward to pancakes tonight, but does anyone know how many calories there are in a typical pancake?
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options

^^ I was just going to write this too haha .
    Yeah my family isn't catholic and we celebrate it.
    I'm not very religious though but I just like celebrating things haha
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    In my town we have pancake races and skipping at the beach! Weird Shrove Tuesday tradition that no one else gets! I love it! :-)

Can't wait for my pancakes later either! Lemon and sugar for me! :-)
  • sausagelegs
    sausagelegs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmm lemon and sugar............MUST get off this forum im getting hungry already and as soon as i have one i WILL NOT STOP.........haha im useless absolutely no self control - still in debate about whether to have it ill decide after lunch
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to pancakes tonight, but does anyone know how many calories there are in a typical pancake?

My recipe came out at 70 per pancake.
  • TurnLeftNow
    Options
    How did this start as a tradition? What is the point of it? I don't mean that in a rude way... just what is the meaning? Also, I may have gotten the religions mixed up... sorry.

I am so intrigued haha.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Pancakes for everyone at my house - lemon juice and sugar all the way!!!!

^^^^^^THIS.....anything else just isn't right!!!

Im there also!!!!

Any have any good pancake recipe?
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    my household always celebrate pancake day!!! i love almost anything on mine!

chocolate spread is my fave though!

i know i shouldnt really have pancakes as ive done sooo well loosing 2lbs last weeek, but hey ho its once a year! i wont be eating pancakes again after today! calling it my 'once a year pancake treat' :bigsmile:

hope everyone enjoys there pancakes!!! :smile:
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options

^^ I was just going to write this too haha .
    Yeah my family isn't catholic and we celebrate it.
    I'm not very religious though but I just like celebrating things haha

Exactly! It's the same as when people who aren't irish celebrate St Patricks day.

It's just a tradition where everyone celebrates.
  • kellybib
    Options
    The pancakes I made came out at 69 cals each.
    112g plain flour
    210ml of skimmed milk
    90ml water
    2 eggs
    made 9 and cooked each one with 2 sprays of sunflower fry light (the calories include the frylight)
  • swellen
    swellen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Scotch Pancakes - never understood the attraction to traditional full of fat, feel those arteries getting harder pancakes with Jiff Lemon squirted all over them ;) But enjoy yours if you're having some. Haven't seen a jiff lemon ad on the tv this year either!!
    Well that was horribly confusing for a minute there... because here in Australia, Jif Lemon is a cleaning product for the bathroom. You really DON'T want it on your pancakes!
    http://www.unilever.co.nz/brands/homecarebrands/Jif.aspx
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    Shrove Tuesday is by far one of the best dates on the british calander !

I will be having mine at lunch time just 2 with golden syrup on

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Enjoy pancake day everyone :)
  • xSophia19
    Options

guesstimating theres about 110 per pancake! :)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Shrove Tuesday is by far one of the best dates on the british calander !

I will be having mine at lunch time just 2 with golden syrup on

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Enjoy pancake day everyone :)

I agreeeeee! :bigsmile: enjoy!