4k run/walk

Options
taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
Thinking about joining in on a 4k run/walk thats gonna be happening in the town soon (http://irunflint.com/race-schedule/shillelagh-4-mile-run-and-walk/ ). I figured that if I spend some coins, i would endup finishing it. Anyone know anything about this sorta event that they might wanna share with me? I have never participated in such events and would like to do it in order to push myself

Replies

• rachaelclark2
    Options
    Its such a buzz, completing a distance run! And you get a medal too! Are you doing much running at the moment? The best thing to do when training for it is to keep giving yourself goals, whether its distance goals or times and then do your personal best in the race. I guarantee you'll keep entering more and more races, its so much fun and the atmosphere is always brilliant. Do it!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    ummm...I walk around but no real "training". I guess that should be my starting point then? To walk straight up 4km (I assume they're talking about 4 km when they say 4k).

I honestly dont think i'll have a problem walking 4km. I typically can walk 3miles with little trouble. Jogging or running is an entirely different game though...