PCOS

Options
Hanni
Hanni Posts: 158 Member
Hi All,

I have just been diagnosed with PCOS (both ovaries).
I am awaiting the blood tests results and will then discuss with my doctor what to do.
Do any of you suffer from this and have you got any advise for me?

I would love to have some feedback, I am very very scared now. :frown:

Replies

• shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    My sister and cousin both have this and it is easily treatable with birth control in most cases, so try not to freak out too much! :flowerforyou:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have had PCOS for about 7 years now. It makes it very hard to lose weight, but it can be done. I am on birth control to help out with the cysts and fybroid tumors. There is no cure but it is treatable. Most important thing you can do to keep it under control is to watch your diet. Breads, pasta, and sugar are no help for this condition. I have found that using this site to regulate what i eat helps tremendously. If you need a friend for support I am always here :flowerforyou:
  • Hanni
    Options
    Thanks but I dont want to take birth control. I just stopped it because we want to try for a baby. My period didnt come for weeks and I am not pregnant so my gynaecologist did some tests and found I have PCOS. I dont plan to take the pill again until I have had a baby.
  • Hanni
    Options
    I have had PCOS for about 7 years now. It makes it very hard to lose weight, but it can be done. I am on birth control to help out with the cysts and fybroid tumors. There is no cure but it is treatable. Most important thing you can do to keep it under control is to watch your diet. Breads, pasta, and sugar are no help for this condition. I have found that using this site to regulate what i eat helps tremendously. If you need a friend for support I am always here :flowerforyou:

Hi Skittles,

thanks so much. So dont you eat any bread, pasta etc anymore? or have you just reduced ita lot?
  • BunnyFuFu
    BunnyFuFu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI!! I was diagnosed with PCOS almost 15 years ago. I have more Ups with my weight than Downs. I was all over the the scale.. I had always had weight issues, and tried every diet. I finally came across South Beach and it was a life saver..literally. I had High bad cholesterol and low good. I exercised as best I could, but at my peak weight of 230...I just couldn't get around as well as I wanted. I remember picking up the South Beach diet book and crying, thinking "This is gonna be just like every other failure I had" But......I was wrong!! Finding out that PCOSers tend to be Carbo-Holics, everything changed. I lost 60 lbs and have been able to maintain that loss for over 5 yrs. So.... as Skittles mentioned, the Carbs are OUR curse!! LOL

I began fluctuating and having difficulty with the weight things again. I worked night shift and sometimes would have no time to eat at all. My metabolism has become rather messed up because of it, making it nearly impossible to get moving in the right direction and even adding pounds back on. I have made a life change and now eat primarily organic (of course there are occasions it just isn't possible). I have come to find a place here in the Great Milwaukee area, that has helped me get back on track with organics, acupuncture and Weight loss protocol. I have since lost all the wight I gained and an extra 5 lbs from that. I have never felt better!!!

I discussed the weight loss protocol with 2 of my physicians and they both feel it is a great option with no side effects, except for GOOD ONES!!

Soooooo.... the story goes...there IS hope and help for those of us plagued with PCOS!! So chins up and miles of smiles to my PCOS Sisters!!

235331.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • BunnyFuFu
    BunnyFuFu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...and a GREAT alternative to pasta...........

"Miracle Noodles" 100% soluble fiber ZERO calories and ZERO carbs!! Once rised..they take on the flavor of whatever you put on them!!!

I found them at this site.

www.miraclenoodles.com

They have been a real lifesaver for me!!!

235331.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Hanni
    Options
    Bunny,

thank you so much for replying to my post.
    I am worried about my weight becasue i have been struggling losing weight even on 1200 calories per day. But I am most worried that PCOS will not allow me to have babies. Didd you get pregnant even with PCOS?

Thanks
    Hanna