Whats everyone giving up for Lent? (Excuse to diet!)

Options
Im planning on giving up fast food. I probably eat at either Chick fil A, Wendys, or ugh, Steak N Shake, once or twice a week. And its not salads either, usually burgers or chicken nuggets. I think I should be able to fight the urge during Lent and hopefully curb it altogether eventually.

I have also thrown around the idea of giving up beer, but I dont think I could keep my sanity. Im a homebrewer and have 2-3 brews on tap in my downstairs bar at all times plus many bottles. I have on average 7-10 beers per week, usually one a night with dinner and sometimes another as a nightcap.

SO what is everyone else planning on giving up for 40 days and 40 nights!?

Replies

• mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I haven't even thought about it, and I only have 2 days to come up with something
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    It's Ash Monday for me, I was suppose to fast but didn't....=((

But I did give up chocolate, and cookies! =)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i was thinking about giving up eating out, but i know of three instances where it will be a requirement so i am not sure what i am going to do. for the last two years i have given up facebook and the internet other than this site. :)
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I was considering chocolate, tea, coffee or wine...still not sure which one to choose! Possibly i'll make it more specific and give up nutella!
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    sweets
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Hopefully about 2lbs of fat.:bigsmile:
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke! (and any other pop/soda)
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    As I've been slowly giving up meat to return to my veggi ways, I think it's a good leap to give up pork & beef for lent. Say goodbye to steak, bacon, pork chops, and ground beef; Chicken is still on the menu, and usually lower in fat too! Wish me luck...my hubby isn't on MFP and LOVES meat.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Well, its not for lent, but I've given up alcohol for the duration of P90X..... I started Jan 1st!
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    No pizza, chips or girl scout cookies for forty days!
  • daisydieter
    Options
    LIQUOR! Not that I've been drinking since I started my diet... it is something I have missed and will continue to miss (love a good dirty martini) but really don't need it. In fact, I'm convinced drinking is part of the reason I gained all my weight back. Not just those empty calories but because I always order high calorie food at some point. Even if I'd already had dinner!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Im giving up tomato ketchup- i have it on everything .. so it will be a realy sacrafice for me! and hopefully an improvement to my diet !

Also as I am catholic i should really be having any treats during the fasting period..
  • startinganewleaf
    Options
    chocolate!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Twatty men, should be a goodun this year :) lol
  • epurucker82
    epurucker82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sweets and Chips&Dip...my two things that always bring me off the wagon!!! 40 Days....hear we come!!! :happy:
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and sweets for me!
  • jennahume
    Options
    Coke/ soda drinks... not good for my diet or my teeth (got a right telling off by the dentist!) also going to (try) and give up my afternoon chocolate snack whilst sitting at my desk... going to swap the chocolate for dried fruits and nuts, a whole lot heathier but a bit less fun!
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not giving up anything. I don't do Lent. Never have.
  • Queenbee412
    Options
    I am giving up soda. Hope it will be a permanent change :)
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    all candies and all unhealthy drinks!