zumba

Options
Does anyone know how many calories you burn doing zumba for an hour?

Replies

• KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When looking at other posts on Zumba someone had posted this site http://www.zumbacalories.com/.
    Zumba is added in the exercise database, just put in the amount of minutes you did Zumba for and it automatically calculates the calories.
  • maradanielle
    maradanielle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/ ...I found this nifty website when I started doing zumba :)
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yep...I used Zumbacalories.com also. My Zumba instructor recommends it!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    As a 182 lb female, I normally burn between 480 to 530 calories for a 55 minute DVD session or 60 minute live session.
  • gee3675
    Options
    Hi,

Check out zumbacalories.com this tells you how many calories burnt depending on which
    level you do. You can choose between Low - medium - high.

Hope this helps.

Gee
  • kerrydunning
    Options
    im 220lb and burn 800calories an hour it ranges from 600-900 depending on weight and intensity
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!:happy:
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking this question! I just got my Zumba DVDs and was wondering the same thing. :flowerforyou:
  • anidan78
    Options
    Thanks for the website. I had been using aerobic dancing for the Zumba and it doesn't come close. I was burning many more calories than I thought.
  • drgirlfriend0
    Options
    I'm about 150 (maybe a little less now) and I wear a heart rate monitor. I did Zumba yesterday for the first time yesterday for 76 minutes at home. Burned 586 calories and a max heart rate of 202!!
  • 135momma
    Options
    I have the Wii, I've only ever done 45 minutes at the wii's medium intensity level and I burn 480 calories. I can't imagine a workout for beginners that burns more calories. I love it!!