Going over

Options
Is there such a thing as getting too much fiber? I haven't entered what I was planning for dinner yet, and I am already at my fiber count for the day. Is going over your protein by a little every day so bad? I typically go over by 5-7, but it's the only way I meet my calorie count.

Replies

• evie_wundt
    evie_wundt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, the fiber goal set by the site is too low. According the the site, I should have 14 grams a day, but I try to get 30 to 35 grams a day.
  • lorenafrid
    Options
    I don't even meet my calorie count and I go over fiber, sugar and protein count everyday. My sugar is all from fruits, yogurt and vegetables.
    I wouldn't think that going over fiber count could have any bad impact on your diet as long as you go over the 8 water glases to help with it.
    About the protein shouldn't be that bad if you exercise on regular basis. The sugar is what I'm worried about (although is all "good" sugar).
    Everyday I get the starvation mode message but I've been eating all day and feel satisfied...
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My husbands GI doc told us that we should aim for at least 30 grams per day to maintain good digestive healthy. My hubby had diverticulitis which is often caused by a lack of fiber (it's more complicated than that but it gets too graphic). So, I upped my goal on MFP to 30. Just be sure to drink a lot of water with all that fiber!
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    There isn't one day I DONT go over on my fiber and protein!!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I do that too! I didn't think there was such a thing as too much fiber or protien, unless your going over your calories....
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body, women typically have problems staying regular so you should probly up your fiber until your having 2-3 BM's a day. That might seem a little high if your not used to having alot of fiber in your diet but thats something you should shoot for. But at least 2 BM's a day is healthy, you have to remove the toxins for your body and the longer the food stays in you the more it builds up and could actually kill you if you go to long without a BM. Try to regulate your fiber intake until you get to that point and stick around that level.
  • lorenafrid
    Options
    What about going over the sugar? Does anyone have any idea?