So a fat girl walks into a bar....

Options
I read somewhere a long time ago that blogging can help you to stay focused and stay on track with your weight loss goals. I enjoy writing, so over two years ago, I started a blog about my personal weight loss journey. It has always been a very private thing for me. When I began this thing two years ago, I only invited my very best and closest friends to help me along the way. Something changed yesterday - and I decided to open it up. I guess I finally figured out, the more people reading it, the more people I am being held accountable to. I had thought about bringing that blog here - but it seems silly to have the same blog in two places. So I am kind of testing the waters here. If I posted the link - would anyone actually follow it?

Replies

• tennille3338
    Options
    Definitely!
  • digitalmayhap
    digitalmayhap Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I put my link on my profile so anyone who visits my profile can go to the link if they so desire. You write for you, not for other people. You say what's on your mind and if other people read it, good for them. I find that I write like I would if I kept it mainly private. Does anyone actually read it? I don't know, but it helps keep me honest.
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    For sure!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea Kristen!!! Thanks for the advice!
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    I'd read it!
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I put my link on my profile so anyone who visits my profile can go to the link if they so desire. You write for you, not for other people. You say what's on your mind and if other people read it, good for them. I find that I write like I would if I kept it mainly private. Does anyone actually read it? I don't know, but it helps keep me honest.

^^this.... and I also have a link on my profile....
  • spongebex
    spongebex Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes please!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Sis I miss something or is the link for friends only?
  • rchupka87
    Options
    The link to my blog is now up on my profile page. Thanks for the support guys!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    The link to my blog is now up on my profile page. Thanks for the support guys!

I'm not trying to be a pain in the *kitten* but your profile is not viewable and posting your message here lets everybody see your comments. Just saying......
  • birdielosingit
    birdielosingit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would love to read your blog!
  • rchupka87
    Options
    Sorry - My profile is only viewable to "friends". Send me a request. I 've never turned a MFP friend down. :)