Feeling I have failed....

Options
I need some good support from all you wonderful people. I was doing very well with this site last year and had lost 30 lbs. In December I had a few medical problems and fell into a deep depression and with all the medication I have gained 20 lbs back. I need to get back to being focus on me again now that I am back on track medically. I just need some encouragement right now. :cry:

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    You can do it! I've had set backs too! I've was down to 220 before I got married 3 years ago, getting married, moving and a new job I gained 30 pounds!! I started this site and have really started to focus on taking care of myself and it's working. One day at a time. Don't foucus on the past keep your eye on the feature!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I will just second what KimberlyKurtz said. Don't focus on your failures....Look ahead to all of your possiblities. Every day is a new day full of new choices to make.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I think you need to stop blaming yourself first. If it was your fault, than you can go ahead and feel like you failed. But you were taking medication which caused depression, and that basicly turns you into someone your not. Say it with me: Its not your/my fault!
    If your feeling like yourself again, get up, brush off, and start fresh! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    The past is the past, and you're now in the present! You have goals you want to reach...so REACH them! Don't focus on what you did or didn't do before. You were able to lose 30 pounds before, and you can do it again and we'll all be here for you if you need us!!! You should join the new group called June starters. The group is for people who started in June, or reccomitted themselves in June!!! You are more than welcome to join us :happy:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I think you need to stop blaming yourself first. If it was your fault, than you can go ahead and feel like you failed. But you were taking medication which caused depression, and that basicly turns you into someone your not. Say it with me: Its not your/my fault!
    If your feeling like yourself again, get up, brush off, and start fresh! You can do it! :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much! You brought tears to my eyes.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You're still down 10 #. Get re-focuses, but most especially, get moving!!!! Exercise is one of the best antidotes to depression.:flowerforyou:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. It means more than you can imagine.