Whats everyone giving up for Lent? (Excuse to diet!)

Options
2»

Replies

• Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up facebook for lent.
  • Cimolestes
    Cimolestes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up religion.
  • jay_ne
    jay_ne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a good idea, may join you it does get addictive and distracting :)

That was to the giving up facebook message!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I prefer to adopt a new habit, rather than giving something up - it seems like a more positive way of looking at things. I will be getting up 15 minutes earlier every day to fit some body-weight exercises into my daily programme. I suppose I could say that I'm giving up 15 minutes of precious time in bed... but that could be misinterpreted :embarassed: :wink:
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Not giving up anything. I don't do Lent. Never have.

Me too!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I am not giving anything up, but committing to do something instead. I want to swim every day during Lent. I try and keep away from unhealthy food the majority of the time, but the occasional dark chocolate is healthy and I can't put myself or my colleagues through me without coffee for 40 days!
  • msharif71
    msharif71 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I will be giving up my crack, otherwise known as Pepsi, will switch to diet until I can get off of the stuff permanently! :smile:
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I decided I do not want to put anything in my "did I really need that" part of my food diary. - this usually contains food when I am going to go over my cals, cookies and desserts and alcohol. So basically when I don't need it. I am not giving up chocolate because trader joe's has a chocolate oat bar and some granola bars have chocolate and I use them for snacks while skiing and such - but for example a chocolate bar- the unnecessary things:flowerforyou:
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I prefer to adopt a new habit, rather than giving something up - it seems like a more positive way of looking at things. I will be getting up 15 minutes earlier every day to fit some body-weight exercises into my daily programme. I suppose I could say that I'm giving up 15 minutes of precious time in bed... but that could be misinterpreted :embarassed: :wink:

I like that! I think I'll do that too...and give up sodas. Shouldn't be a stretch..
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm trying bread and candy...because I tend to OD on these items. So it will be good spiritually AND physically!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Well since the typical fasting & abstinence doesn't work for me anymore since I love seafood & I don't eat that much so they suggest I give up computer but I just can't do it since I use it to log my food. I think I'll try to control my temper instead.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Have already cut the refined sugar/carbs at the start of Jan. I have cut down the drink to at most a couple of beers a week. It seems a bit of a con to "give up" something I have already cut back on.....

I like the idea of a challenge..... Maybe walk a mile a day for Lent
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up Catholicism for Lent.

Ba-dum-ching!
  • rzavesky
    rzavesky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    candy and fast food!:smile:
  • horneh
    horneh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just starting using my fitness pal so I'm new to this. But I'm giving up chocolate candy and fast food (Subway doesn't count).
  • JenericSN
    Options
    Probably beer and wine. I'm curious to see what the change will do for my weightloss efforts.