Not doing to good.

Options
I want to lose 25 lbs (or more) before June the 26th. My husband and I will be married 25 years on June 26th. I have lost 7 lbs so far but there has been a couple of weeks now with no weight loss. Got any suggestions? Getting alittle dis-hearted.:ohwell:

Replies

• gum300
    Options
    What ususally works for me when this happens is a change of diet........for instance.......go a week or two with no carbs....cut out all bread and cereal and anything with carbs.........OR....go a week or two with no meats.......become a vegetarian for a little while. Your body gets use to the same routine......you have to chock it inot losing weight again.......try it....it works.
  • Charlellam
    Options
    Don't be to down, that's when things start going downhill. Your doing fantastically already! Just keep up the good work. You may not notice a change for a while, then all of a sudden you've done it. I think the more you think about it and stress the harder it becomes :). Good luck! X
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I dont normally push things, but I had hit a plautue and I did the GNC total lean diet. First I did the 7 day cleanse, which isn't like normal cleanses, you eat and aren't running to the bathroom, and than I did the 2week total body transformation. In a month I lost about 13lbs and kept it off
  • Danielle_Star
    Options
    TammyJean my suggestion is whatever you're doing take it up a notch. I know your goal means a lot to you and I know you can do it! Keep up the good work!
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I have been counting calories and working out for a month now and I'm only down 3 lbs when others who started same time as me have already lost 8-13 lbs! It's very discouraging but I keep telling myself to stick with it and eventually my body has to let go of the weight!
  • clouddancer7
    clouddancer7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Change your exercise routine. If you normally walk around the block once, walk around twwo or three times, if you weight train mostly, change it to doing cardios mostly. I was stuck for like two weeks and I went did a 30 minute circuit training routine. Guess what? the next day I had dropped 1.5 pounds!
  • Mellocare
    Mellocare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm also in a little rut at 7 pounds lost but like the others say, I think if you just stick with it and don't lose heart, eventually you'll see progress again. Changing things up a little might help, I don't really know much about that. But sticking with it will definitely make your body let go of the extra pounds eventually. It has to. :)
  • justfungrandma
    justfungrandma Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 lbs in my first month...I didn't find this site til last week, but started on my journey to lose 12 lbs on Dec. 24. I have not lost any for the last month. I think I was not eating enough calories, so my body was rebelling! Going to see how I do for a couple weeks of eating 1200 per day, but all clean eating!. Stay motivated! Changing what kind of exercise I do tends to keep my interest up! I think you are doing great...and congrats on your upcoming anniversary. My husband and I will be 35 years on June 25th..
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    Living Healthy is a marathon not a sprint. It’s not about how fast you get out of the blocks but how consistent you are over the long haul
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Change your exercise routine. If you normally walk around the block once, walk around twwo or three times, if you weight train mostly, change it to doing cardios mostly. I was stuck for like two weeks and I went did a 30 minute circuit training routine. Guess what? the next day I had dropped 1.5 pounds!

this. your body gets used to the same exercise routine so you need to change it up. if you normally do cardio, do some strength training. I don't know what kind of exercise you do, but cardio is really good for losing weight. Running is a great way to burn calories and so is swimming.
    A cheat day now and then is good so you confuse your body some.

Congrats on 25 wonderful years of marriage! I get excited when I hear of couples who are so committed to each other!
  • spankyee
    Options
    Are you excersising remember muscle (which will help you to loose weight) is more dense than fat so a good idea is to measure yourself with a tape measure around waist hips thighs ect Helps to keep you motivated as well. I didnt loose a kg(pound in old money lol) but lost 2 dress sizes
    Keep up the great work and remember it wont happen over night BUT IT WILL HAPPEN
  • aliciapenny
    aliciapenny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would think we would need more info on what your calorie intake and macros are but.....

You probably just need to change things up. Try carb cyling which is varying your carb intake. for three days take in a lot of good carbs, for two days take in low carbs and you can even throw in a day with no carbs. Keep in mind that carbs provide your energy so never do no or low carbs on a day you are running, going to the gym or whatever.

you can also try to eat a lot more calories than you normally do for a few days then go back to where you are now. Then up your calories again for a few days and back down to your normal intake. you need to do something to shock your system that does NOT include starving yourself.
  • Srdking
    Srdking Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just ran into this and am actually still going through it well until yesterday. I hit a plautue and could not figure out why, but I know why now. My body got used to my workouts and what I was eating. At first I thought I wasn't eating enough calories, so all of last week. I just did enough exercise to stay healthy and had a few cheat days. I knew if I wasn't eating enough my body would put on a few pounds quick. Well 8 days later, my body held the weight loss I have already done. So I found out for myself that even when I don't make it to 1200 a day, my body isn't starving. Now this isn't true for everyone, we all are different! I'm short I'm 4'11. after voiding out I was not in starvation mode. I know why I hit a plautue. So it's time to change my exercise to more cardio. Change up some of what I am eating. That's what sucks about dieting and the same old exercise everyday, our bodies get used to it. so it's time to shock my body out from it's everyday normal. This is what has happened to me about the entire month of Feb. Glad I did take the time to figure out what was going on. Now I can fix it. My advice to you is change up your diet and exercise and see what happens. Still stay healthy, and maybe then you will start losing again.

Good luck to all of you!
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? I'm horrible about drinking it. BUT when I drink alot I always see a difference on the scale.